Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How would WW111 manifest itself?
How would WW111 manifest itself?
I was going to ask who here thinks a third world war is imminent, then I realised I don't even know what the definition of a world war is.

So basically, what are the minimum prerequisites of WW111?

Do there need to be nukes involved? If not, why not? Why dilly dally about?

Must it include an attempted takeover of foreign land?
Is there a minimum amount of countries needed to be involved.

please enlighten me.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
RE: How would WW111 manifest itself?
World War One Hundred and Eleven?

Really hard to tell.
hehe ...something tells me earth won't survive 111 world wars! 3 if we're lucky!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Oh, I think that as long as humans remain humans we'll be killing each other in large numbers.
Requirement 1: Humans
Requirement 2: any bs reason
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

(November 18, 2015 at 6:51 am)ignoramus Wrote: So basically, what are the minimum prerequisites of WW111?

Nukes got nothing to do with it. Major powers on all continents having at each other is the standard definition of a world war. That's why both world wars only started to be World wars, when the USA were joining the fun.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
It seems to me the war against ISIS is already underway and involves most powers.

I'm rather confused as to how so many countries can be bombing the shit out of them without being able to wipe them out, or at least thin them right down.

I agree with Harris though, what we really have is a war of ideas. Killing every last ISIS member isn't going to stop people with the same mindset doing exactly the same shit randomly, at any time.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(November 18, 2015 at 8:56 am)robvalue Wrote: It seems to me the war against ISIS is already underway and involves most powers.

I'm rather confused as to how so many countries can be bombing the shit out of them without being able to wipe them out, or at least thin them right down.

The world's determination to defeat Isil is a myth

Quote:•The Americans - and the British at least among their allies - want Isil to go but think it will take a properly trained ground force to get rid of it and are not prepared to commit troops, for domestic political reasons. President Obama, additionally, believes that there is no point defeating Isil while the conditions that led to its rise are in place, such as localised sectarian conflict, though he has no real notion of how to get rid of those conditions.

•Some elements in the Iraqi government may genuinely want to see the country reunited at all costs but others realise that if the Sunnis in Iraq return to the national fold the Shia majority will have to share power with them. Currently, Shia supremacist parties hold sway. These Shia parties are linked to the Shia militias that are fighting Isil on the ground - but signally failing to attack them in Sunni Arab strongholds like Fallujah and Mosul.

•The Assad regime's strategy presumably sees it eventually taking on Isil, but over most of the civil war its main enemy has been non-Isil rebels, who pose a more direct threat to regime heartlands. Having Isil fight them simultaneously has not been a bad thing.

•The Iranians don’t want Isil to gain ground but having a Sunni bogeyman, for whose existence they can blame their Sunni foes in the Gulf, has a certain use. The existence of Isil also prevents Sunni Arab states presenting a united face against their own ambitions.

•The Gulf states want to keep Isil down but they also see Isil as a lesser enemy than Iran, and certainly aren’t going to waste forces attacking fellow Sunnis that they could be using to fight Shia proxies in Yemen.

•Russia has ruled out sending ground troops, and has mostly targeted non-Isil rebels with its bombing campaign, since it believes the priority is to preserve the Assad regime. As these rebels are also fighting Isil, this has had the unfortunate effect of actually helping Isil advance in some areas, even as it cedes ground to Russian-backed regime forces in others.

•Turkey has made clear its main enemy is the Kurdish PKK, rather than Isil.

•The Kurds have a track record of success against Isil in both Iraq and Syria - thanks in part to their alliance with the US and other western air forces. But they have little interest in pushing beyond Kurdish territory. In Iraq, the Peshmerga took Sinjar last week, not Mosul.
Lawyers and SJWs  Tongue

WWIII however is likely to be a conventional resource grab.
You might as well call this current state we are in WW3 since most super powers are fighting a bunch of backwards people
called isis.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why would God do this to me when it would help him TorchWOULD_or_WOULDNT 55 6334 February 20, 2015 at 4:40 pm
Last Post: Norman Humann
  If I would visit the U.S.A., which state would you recommend me to visit? L.A.F. 27 11225 April 28, 2013 at 2:16 pm
Last Post: L.A.F.
  My Dell shat itself again.. Oldandeasilyconfused 19 5094 January 27, 2010 at 6:01 am
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused