Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 12:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Story of me
Story of me
I use to be a Catholic went to church camp several times i never really believed in it but
i thought it was wrong to not believe in it. I decided last year i didn't believe and i don't care i
was just gonna keep it to myself.
This year i told my family and my close love ones and i feel like i got a truck off my chest
i want to change everything.

The only thing that upsets me is that it makes my mother sad cause she believes. she's a Christian
and i feel like deep down she thinks i am doing something wrong but she still loves me no matter what.
"All my life i have wonder about "Everything" and now i see i am not alone."
"Some people will live there life open minded and think what they want to think and some people will close there eyes and silence there thoughts & follow a path that everyone else follows. You will never see me on that path." - Arthur Gutierrez

[Image: signature.jpg]

"In this live like weeds, Your just a rock to me"
RE: Story of me
(June 21, 2010 at 6:28 pm)Arthur Wrote: I use to be a Catholic went to church camp several times i never really believed in it but
i thought it was wrong to not believe in it. I decided last year i didn't believe and i don't care i
was just gonna keep it to myself.
This year i told my family and my close love ones and i feel like i got a truck off my chest

The only thing that upsets me is that it makes my mother sad cause she believes. she's a Christian
and i feel like deep down she thinks i am doing something wrong but she still loves me no matter what.

Good for you to realized that religion is worthless
I think with you saying it felt like a truck off your chest, you must be very comfortable with what you are now. Enjoy your life free from the fetters of religeon.
yeah i am extremely comfortable now.
no more awkward church
or praying.
"All my life i have wonder about "Everything" and now i see i am not alone."
"Some people will live there life open minded and think what they want to think and some people will close there eyes and silence there thoughts & follow a path that everyone else follows. You will never see me on that path." - Arthur Gutierrez

[Image: signature.jpg]

"In this live like weeds, Your just a rock to me"
My mother is a catholic, born and raised. In fact, the vast majority of my family are religious or agnostic.
I've never hidden my atheistic views from family or friends, and I've felt no guilt in doing so. I've openly admitted my disbelief in religions and the supernatural as a whole for as long as I can possibly remember (much to my RE teacher's dismay).
I've never felt as though I ought to keep my beliefs/disbeliefs to myself, and I don't believe anyone should (providing their views are within reason, i.e. non-violent).
I suppose the point I'm trying to make is that you shouldn't be afraid of expressing yourself freely, just because it may not comply with someone else's views.

I'm sure you feel much better that you're no longer a closet atheist. Welcome to the other side. Smile
Born and atheist, dying an atheist. Angel
I was christened in a CoE Church and I started to go to Atheism then i was 17 when my Dad's partner started to talk alot of religious belief stuff at me during Tea Time, saying Have you ever ben to Church, Do you believe in God etc. So i said to her, It's aload of nonsense and God doesn't exist and that was the start of me being a Atheist.
[Image: britishatheist.jpg]
Hey Arthur,

I just had a look at your profile and saw you live in Houston... I'm in Australia and I've never been to America but isn't Austin close to you??

Reason I ask is there's a very illustrious Community of Atheists there - http://www.atheist-community.org/
They're best known around the world for their TV Show - http://www.atheist-experience.com/

Anyway, If you're looking for some friends who share your new views, I'd recommend you make a visit (if it's not too far)

(June 21, 2010 at 6:28 pm)Arthur Wrote: This year i told my family and my close love ones and i feel like i got a truck off my chest

What exactly do you mean when you say you want to change everything?

I'd like to hear more of your story too, if you don't mind Smile
"We need not a God; just another human being to give life a meaning. For people are truly all people have" author unknown

Scott, if he's in Houston, he's about 3 hours from Austin...I'm in his neighboring state of Louisiana......Or maybe I should call us Oilyana now.....

Arthur, the only advice I would like to give you is to not give in to any surrounding bullshit (Especially considering you are in Houston)....
Question everything........
Intelligence is the only true moral guide...
(June 25, 2010 at 2:49 pm)Samson Wrote: Scott, if he's in Houston, he's about 3 hours from Austin...

uh I see.

Houston and Austin looked so much closer on the map.... of the whole country Smile
"We need not a God; just another human being to give life a meaning. For people are truly all people have" author unknown

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So my story of becoming a non-believer: Mechaghostman2 2 1738 January 8, 2016 at 2:56 pm
Last Post: Old Baby
  My conversion story, just to get it off my chest. LadyForCamus 4 1912 December 26, 2015 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: Reforged
  My Deconversion Story PhilliptheTeenageAtheist 26 5280 June 2, 2015 at 11:58 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  My Conversion Story Rancid 16 4523 February 21, 2015 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  Converted into Athiesm - My Story coolfunkDJ 15 4537 February 9, 2015 at 8:14 am
Last Post: Nope
  Recent convert - My story Regina 6 2300 January 7, 2015 at 11:18 am
Last Post: Regina
  The Conversion Story of a Kid Kloud 11 3325 December 18, 2014 at 6:12 am
Last Post: robvalue
  My Deconversion Story warlocksarebest 15 4489 November 20, 2014 at 11:06 pm
Last Post: Logical Adolecent
  Another Story Raevoryx 9 3800 August 13, 2014 at 1:20 am
Last Post: Raevoryx
  My story. topher 0 1100 April 24, 2014 at 3:42 pm
Last Post: topher