Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 12:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proof that god does not exist
Proof that god does not exist
Man has a propensity toward imagination.

When man was most primitive, back when he was new to the world, he was looking around and wondering how he came into being. He created his creators, yes plural because polytheism was in existence before monotheism.

Religious and anthropology studies show that earlier humans were polytheistic, having many gods for many things.

The end of polytheism did not see the beginning of Christianity. In fact, monotheism was first introduced by Judaism.

Christianity followed suit.

Islam followed third.

Thus, the three false major religions still alive today.

God does not exist for the simple reason that there is no evidence for his existence. Fuck faith. Faith is the religious individual's excuse to continue believing despite logic.

Take a look at my signature quote. That is the religious person's faith.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Proof that god does not exist
god of the gaps back then

|00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000|

god of the gaps now

|0|
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
That's a logical argument, just not proof.
Dying to live, living to die.
(December 1, 2015 at 11:00 pm)Beccs Wrote: just not proof.

No proof of god is proof of no god.
~ Erin Hunter
You cannot prove something does not exist, except for some exceptions, that do not apply to this. If you are attempting to claim that, you are in just as much realm of imagination as they are.

Also technically monotheism did exist before polytheism. Two gods were not created at once, that may be the result of what developed in to a religion eventually, but even so, one god was created inside someone's imagination before the other.
Which is better:
To die with ignorance, or to live with intelligence?

Truth doesn't accommodate to personal opinions.
The choice is yours. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is God and there is man, it's only a matter of who created whom

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The more questions you ask, the more you realize that disagreement is inevitable, and communication of this disagreement, irrelevant.
I have this

It's between these two

A. god exists and he doesn't give a shit about anyone

B. god doesn't exist

Any god(s) for that matter do not exist because the likely hood of any god existing is 0.
There is no evidence for any god(s) to exist.

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(December 1, 2015 at 11:12 pm)Heat Wrote: You cannot prove something does not exist

I can prove many things do not exist by merely stating they do not exist.

I.E., Unicorns, leprechauns, elves, Santa Clause, the Tooth Fairy, The Boogie Man, Bigfoot, the Easter Bunny.

Shall I go on?
~ Erin Hunter
(December 1, 2015 at 11:17 pm)Kitan Wrote:
(December 1, 2015 at 11:12 pm)Heat Wrote: You cannot prove something does not exist

I can prove many things do not exist by merely stating they do not exist.

I.E., Unicorns, leprechauns, elves, Santa Clause, the Tooth Fairy, The Boogie Man, Bigfoot, the Easter Bunny.

Shall I go on?
That's not proof, that's just stating there is no proof.

You do not have evidence that god does not exist. You simply have no evidence that he does.

However, stating that there is no evidence, is not evidence in itself.
Which is better:
To die with ignorance, or to live with intelligence?

Truth doesn't accommodate to personal opinions.
The choice is yours. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is God and there is man, it's only a matter of who created whom

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The more questions you ask, the more you realize that disagreement is inevitable, and communication of this disagreement, irrelevant.
If you want to prove god does not exist you can go to science.

Scientifically speaking a all powerful being with infinite power we would easily be able to detect that energy even if said
being tried to compact it down or even hide that would be unlikely if. If said being were to compact a said energy
said being would create a black hole.

You don't really need to look at the top but the problem being with god is he is too powerful
he would have no free will of his own and be subject to the omnipotence paradox. There isn't a excuse
or even a apologetic tactic that could defeat that statement, because then you would end up having to
take away said god's abilities/power.

Code:
It's really rather simple. Is the magic book an accurate account of this god? If yes, then that is proof of the non-existence of that particular god - we know the Earth wasn't made in six days, before the Sun and at the same time as the rest of the Universe. We know that stars are not little lights fixed to a sky dome which can fall to the ground. We know the human race never descended from a population of just two, that women weren't made from a bone - not in that sense, anyway - and the race was never reduced to a non-viable population along with every other species of flora, fauna and fungi in a global flood. That god I contest not only doesn't exist but is actually incompatible with a Universe like ours.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Brick If everything has a purpose then evil doesn't exist zwanzig 738 38462 June 28, 2023 at 10:48 am
Last Post: emjay
  Why does god put the needs of the few above the need of the many? Greatest I am 69 5150 February 19, 2021 at 10:30 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Who the Hell does God think he is?? Drich 13 1686 March 6, 2020 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  No Shitball, It Does Not Violate Your Rights Minimalist 10 2198 April 22, 2018 at 4:57 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Christians: Why does the answer have to be god? IanHulett 67 15007 April 5, 2018 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Christians: Does Your God Have Testicles and Ovaries? chimp3 97 18413 April 1, 2018 at 1:37 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  On this world if humans ceased to exist would god cease to exist? brewer 58 12377 November 24, 2017 at 3:17 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  The Problem With This Guy Is That He Does Not Understand Evangelicals Minimalist 1 1107 April 6, 2017 at 12:19 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Proof that there is no God Nihilist Virus 10 2357 March 31, 2017 at 1:58 am
Last Post: ronedee
  Christians, your god is gay. I have proof! rado84 82 19097 March 10, 2017 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer