Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Shitball, It Does Not Violate Your Rights
No Shitball, It Does Not Violate Your Rights
Meanwhile you seem perfectly content to violate everyone elses.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/04/school-...kids-pray/

Quote:School bus driver whines about freedom of religion after being caught forcing kids to pray — again

Quote:A pastor moonlighting as a school bus driver in Minnesota who has twice been caught proselytizing to children complained that being taken off his route for leading children in prayer violates his First Amendment rights.

Hemant Mehta at Patheos’ “The Friendly Atheist” blog noted that Burnsville, Minnesota’s George Nathaniel was already fired four years ago by the town’s school board for “forcing children to pray” on his route. Now, he’s been taken off his route driving kids to a Russian-language charter school in Minneapolis for doing the same thing.

Man, xtians are despicable.
RE: No Shitball, It Does Not Violate Your Rights
OK, children, time to pray to Baphomet . . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

the hypocrisy of whining about freedom of religion, as you force kids to follow your beliefs.

Christians are so afraid of their religion going away that they completely forget that silent prayer is a thing, Not to mention that at least once Jesus encouraged silent, private prayer, over making a big fuss about it. Not that he was ever a long term thinker in the first place.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

4 Horsemen

"Stop Persecuting me!!!!!!"  said every Christian apologist ever.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Innit it funny how the non-religious are the ones who grasp what 'freedom of religion' actually means?  It is the freedom to believe whatever you like, not the freedom to do whatever you like.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(April 21, 2018 at 3:58 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Innit it funny how the non-religious are the ones who grasp what 'freedom of religion' actually means?  It is the freedom to believe whatever you like, not the freedom to do whatever you like.

Boru

Well, we say that "freedom OF religion includes freedom FROM religion."
I have no problem with school sponsored prayers to Baphomet.

Or Odin or Zeus for that matter.

Tongue
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

It's pretty simple:

If he's employed by a private corporation, then the first amendment doesn't even come into it. Your employer tells you what you can and cannot do, and if you don't like it, you can refuse, and they can refuse to pay you.

If he's employed by a government organization, then he is bound by the terms of the 1st amendment, not supported by them. As a representative of the government, he cannot force people to say or pray anything, without violating their 1st amendment rights.
Am I the only one who'd be concerned about riding with someone who relies on prayer for 'safe passage'?

So glad our kids walk to school.
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
(April 22, 2018 at 2:12 pm)Cecelia Wrote: Am I the only one who'd be concerned about riding with someone who relies on prayer for 'safe passage'?

So glad our kids walk to school.

"Jesus, take the wheel!"
"...I'd rather your hands were on it since you're the one driving."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christians: Does Your God Have Testicles and Ovaries? chimp3 97 18405 April 1, 2018 at 1:37 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  The Problem With This Guy Is That He Does Not Understand Evangelicals Minimalist 1 1107 April 6, 2017 at 12:19 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  How does "Science prove that the miracles of the Bible did not happen" ? Emzap 62 11236 November 4, 2016 at 2:05 am
Last Post: dyresand
  I Have Proof the the Christian God Does Not and Cannot Eist Rhondazvous 89 14242 July 5, 2016 at 1:51 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Queer-Hating Baptist Shitball Blows His Cork Minimalist 26 4388 June 26, 2016 at 1:44 am
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  Ignorant apologetics aside, your god does not exist. Foxaèr 10 2509 April 16, 2016 at 12:26 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  The Christian God Does Violate Human Free Will Rhondazvous 85 10365 March 5, 2016 at 6:25 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  What the Bible Does NOT Say About Premarital Sex Rhondazvous 30 6405 January 25, 2016 at 2:40 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Proof that god does not exist Foxaèr 42 13410 December 4, 2015 at 3:27 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
Question Dear Christians: What does your god actually do? Aractus 144 49453 October 9, 2015 at 6:38 am
Last Post: robvalue