Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 7:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do gun nuts think they're going to play hero when it's been proven otherwise
Why do gun nuts think they're going to play hero when it's been proven otherwise
These right wing gun nuts I hear from, and believe me I live in the Phoenix area in Arizona and there's plenty of them here. They somehow have these fantasies of saving the day. Is this just pure right wing stupidity or some of these people really have no concept or grasp of reality? Number 1: a mass shooter will target anyone with a gun. Number 2: People who carry guns are more likely to freeze up in the moment and panic in that sort of situation. Lets not forget their lack of combat training and whatsoever. And lastly, most of these people who are open carry here in my state are white guys who seems like they are honestly trying to compensate for "something else"  Cool  if you're catching my drift....

Or another instance I was at a Walmart waiting for my tires to get changed, and someone who was carrying a pistol in a holster; it was pointed right at me. I then told him and he told me that it's his right and if I have a problem with it I can move to Iran. I swear!!! He actually said that. 

http://www.kpho.com/story/30644963/arpai...start=true
RE: Why do gun nuts think they're going to play hero when it's been proven otherwise
When they look in the mirror they see this:

[Image: sylvester_stallone_43562.jpg]

instead of this:

[Image: sumo-dawg-12.jpg]
RE: Why do gun nuts think they're going to play hero when it's been proven otherwise
(December 4, 2015 at 12:37 am)Minimalist Wrote: When they look in the mirror they see this:

[Image: 9k=]

instead of this:

[Image: sumo-dawg-12.jpg]

This.....this....made me fall of my chair. Not even kidding!!! LMAO HAHAHHAHAHA Big Grin YOU SIR MADE MY DAY WITH THAT THANK YOU!
I had to fix the link.... wasn't showing up here.
I'm in the Phoenix area, too.  Every fucking day on the news there are shootings and no one fucking understands WHY?

I think the heat has fried their tiny little redneck brains.
(December 4, 2015 at 12:42 am)Minimalist Wrote: I'm in the Phoenix area, too.  Every fucking day on the news there are shootings and no one fucking understands WHY?

I think the heat has fried their tiny little redneck brains.

Well it's good to know someone else feels my pain.  Rolleyes
I've been wondering about this myself. I'm wondering if it's because there is no real outlet for certain male instincts to fight in order to breed. If you're just driving a car to and from your office each day and living as an economic resource far removed from nature then there is very little outlet for your animal urges.

Another reason is that if you work at a skill, whether it's pointing one end of a gun very steadily at an inanimate object, or being able to remove it very quickly from a holster, then you probably start wanting situations where your work and effort could actually be useful. It's probably why zombie movies are so popular in America. Yay! A chance to shoot slow moving things in a moral free environment!

If these gun nuts really wanted to shoot someone then they could go to Syria / Iraq cand shoot someone from Daesh, but that's not ever a fantasy because that's actually dangerous. Maybe that's how Obama should solve the gun problem in America? If you want to own a gun then you have to be part of a well armed militia and that means the possibility of being sent off to war zones. I'm sure a lot of red necks would be up for it but most gun owners wouldn't.
godzilla_22 Wrote:These right wing gun nuts I hear from, and believe me I live in the Phoenix area in Arizona and there's plenty of them here. They somehow have these fantasies of saving the day. Is this just pure right wing stupidity or some of these people really have no concept or grasp of reality?

So anybody who carries a gun has a fantasy of saving the day? You should definitely use your ability to read people's thoughts for the benefit of others.

On second thought, maybe you're making baseless assumptions.

Quote:Number 1: a mass shooter will target anyone with a gun.

A mass shooter is targeting everyone. That is why he is a mass shooter after all. And, yeah, if you're referring to one of these open-carry sorts, that's probably accurate. A lot of those guys are clowns and just want to be seen as big tough guys with a gun on their hip. Somebody open-carrying would definitely be targeted first if a shooter showed up and spotted him. Concealed-carrying? Nope.

Quote:Number 2: People who carry guns are more likely to freeze up in the moment and panic in that sort of situation. Lets not forget their lack of combat training and whatsoever. And lastly, most of these people who are open carry here in my state are white guys who seems like they are honestly trying to compensate for "something else"  Cool  if you're catching my drift....

Assumptions, assumptions. Any evidence for this "more likely to freeze up" assertion?

People do need in-depth training. You need skills to safely handle and operate a gun. Shooting at a paper target on a range doesn't prepare someone for a real life-threatening scenario where you use the gun or you (and possibly others) die. There are no skills acquired without training (I'm not talking about a one day "here's how you don't shoot yourself in the foot" type of course; I mean a thorough, intensive course and as many more as possible - the more the better).

For what it's worth, I've had training and I don't have any desire to be a hero or to save the day. As a matter of fact, I never want to have to use a gun and I'll do everything I can to avoid it. But, if it comes down to it, I can use one and I can do so competently.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin
(December 4, 2015 at 12:32 am)godzilla_22 Wrote: And lastly, most of these people who are open carry here in my state are white guys who seems like they are honestly trying to compensate for "something else"  Cool  if you're catching my drift....

Are you saying if you have a massive penis you don't need a gun to shoot someone?
Suddenly British gun policy makes complete sense. 
*drops mic, walks off*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGx6K90TmCI
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
Quote:So anybody who carries a gun has a fantasy of saving the day?

That's the whole "good guy with a gun" mantra, Strider.  The NRA pushes it relentlessly.

Oh, and it is not just every shithead with a gun.  Here is Arizona's very own, Sheriff Shitstain calling for a quarter of a million people to intervene.

http://www.kpho.com/story/30644963/arpai...-shootings

Quote:Arpaio calls on 250K armed citizens to stop terrorism and mass shootings

Fortunately, not all cops are as fucking stupid as this dickhead.

Quote:Steve Henry, chief deputy of the Pinal County Sheriff's Office, said untrained gun owners could add to chaotic situations at big events, increasing the risk to innocent bystanders. 
"Sometimes it's not proper to pull the trigger because the collateral damage is not worth it," Henry said. "We don't want to walk into a gun fight between anybody, much less a gun fight where people are untrained."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Turnabout is fair play LinuxGal 1 484 August 8, 2023 at 1:11 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  When Grown-Up Play Politics BrianSoddingBoru4 0 323 December 18, 2022 at 5:09 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  What do you think about gun control? FlatAssembler 93 3880 February 21, 2022 at 10:06 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Trump is going to be reelected.... Jehanne 250 11034 January 21, 2022 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Three months ago I would have been dead ... Gawdzilla Sama 21 1119 October 30, 2020 at 4:52 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Another Gun Thread Foxaèr 254 18226 September 29, 2020 at 7:48 am
  Trump rap: going hard WinterHold 0 351 June 30, 2020 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  I am going postal..... Brian37 12 1051 April 30, 2020 at 6:40 am
  People do not know how close they really are until they start a war with somebody WinterHold 5 911 October 10, 2019 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Trump supporters-why are they so sensitive? A Godzilla fan 27 1908 September 5, 2019 at 11:11 am
Last Post: Drich