Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 17, 2024, 11:42 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump supporters-why are they so sensitive?
Trump supporters-why are they so sensitive?
Perhaps it is just social media that has magnified this I'm not really sure. However, it sure seems when you observe a dialog between a Trump supporter and someone who dislikes Trump things tend to get very nasty. Not only that, but it seems Trump supporters are easily set off by anyone who does not like Trump. Usually when someone expresses their disdain for this current president the Trump supporter counters with the following: A racist statement about Obama, something about Hillary-or they point out how well the economy is doing and use it as evidence that said person does not love America.

Even I myself have experienced this first hand back in 2016. I actually lost quite a few friends because I didn't agree with them about Trump. I recall getting into arguments with friends on Facebook regarding Trump and it would turn into their friends pilling on and call me names such as snowflake, libtard and many more. Hell, even one of their friends went onto my Facebook, took an image of me and Photoshoped it into a offensive meme about me being a cuck. All I would do is argue with facts-but these people don't care about facts. This friend later unfriended me. It was like wrestling with a Pig. You both got dirty and the Pig loves it. Since then I have learned my lesson. I do not engage anyone about Politics on Facebook anymore because of this fact.

Is this normal? I'm only 26 so I haven't been around for that long. I don't even remember things being this bad before Trump came onto the Political scene. I'm very curious to hear what you guys think about this?
RE: Trump supporters-why are they so sensitive?
Call a Hillary Clinton supporter a snowflake.

THEN you will see sensitive.

Heh
I've seen it with previous presidents but not as virulent as what we see now. I think that the deep disturbing doubts some people have about religion have the same genesis. People don't like Hilary (hell, I don't like her all that much!) say whatever they want and most people don't react violently, but dis the chump and the over-reaction is similar to picking on a person's religion.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
It’s called projection. In my personal experience Trump supporters are some of the most sensitive people I have ever had the displeasure of interacting with. I have been blocked by several Trumpsters on FB simply because I respectfully disagreed with them and linked to research. It’s a really interesting phenomenon.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(September 2, 2019 at 2:08 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: It’s called projection. In my personal experience Trump supporters are some of the most sensitive people I have ever had the displeasure of interacting with. I have been blocked by several Trumpsters on FB simply because I respectfully disagreed with them and linked to research. It’s really quite the phenomenon.

I think this is it.  People tend to get the most defensive when their mistakes are pointed out.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
All those years with smog filled up with lead, might offer a reasonable explanation. Mr Peterson explained this.
(September 2, 2019 at 2:00 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Call a Hillary Clinton supporter a snowflake.

THEN you will see sensitive.

Heh

That is like Soooooooo 2016. 

Get with today daddyo.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(September 2, 2019 at 2:04 pm)Fireball Wrote: I've seen it with previous presidents but not as virulent as what we see now. I think that the deep disturbing doubts some people have about religion have the same genesis. People don't like Hilary (hell, I don't like her all that much!) say whatever they want and most people don't react violently, but dis the chump and the over-reaction is similar to picking on a person's religion.

You know I think another factor is that whole White Anxiety thing as well. I know people have discussed this quite a bit-but I think a lot of Trump supporters have this. Not all, but I think a lot of them unconsciously do.

(September 2, 2019 at 2:08 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: It’s called projection. In my personal experience Trump supporters are some of the most sensitive people I have ever had the displeasure of interacting with. I have been blocked by several Trumpsters on FB simply because I respectfully disagreed with them and linked to research. It’s a really interesting phenomenon.

Have you heard of the sunk cost fallacy? It's very interesting and I think it applies quite well to Trump supporters.
(September 2, 2019 at 2:28 pm)Atomic Monster Wrote:
(September 2, 2019 at 2:08 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: It’s called projection. In my personal experience Trump supporters are some of the most sensitive people I have ever had the displeasure of interacting with. I have been blocked by several Trumpsters on FB simply because I respectfully disagreed with them and linked to research. It’s a really interesting phenomenon.

Have you heard of the sunk cost fallacy? It's very interesting and I think it applies quite well to Trump supporters.

Is that the one where they've invested so much personally in Trump that to now recognise his awfulness seems to be more emotionally costly than to double down?

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(September 2, 2019 at 2:40 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(September 2, 2019 at 2:28 pm)Atomic Monster Wrote:

Is that the one where they've invested so much personally in Trump that to now recognise his awfulness seems to be more emotionally costly than to double down?

We have a winner! Please take anything from the prize bin. lol

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why Trump will win in 2024. Jehanne 237 19692 December 22, 2022 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Why you should fear Trump's pick for Supreme Court Judge Foxaèr 75 3997 October 31, 2020 at 10:52 am
Last Post: TaraJo
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 998 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  [Serious] Question for the Trump supporters The Valkyrie 33 3070 June 13, 2020 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: Zepp
  Why wasn't Trump destroyed like Michael Jackson? WinterHold 11 1237 January 2, 2020 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Trump supporters made a very interesting video brewer 19 1411 October 15, 2019 at 7:18 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  People do not know how close they really are until they start a war with somebody WinterHold 5 908 October 10, 2019 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  [Serious] Dozens Of Crazed Trump Supporters Form “Human Wall” Along Southern Border Cepheus Ace 40 2579 February 19, 2019 at 2:36 pm
Last Post: Yonadav
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 36830 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  How messed up are Trump Supporters? Minimalist 463 34592 January 23, 2019 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball