Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:55 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I don't think this is prejudice…
I don't think this is prejudice…
So maybe it's just me I've thought that only your biological parents names should go on your birth certificate for genealogical record keeping. Or am I wrong on this?

http://youtu.be/F3Nvjqj9QlQ
RE: I don't think this is prejudice…
The whole deal with gay rights is fighting for the right to do everything straight people are allowed to do. I don't see why they shouldn't put the parent's names on the certificate, and maybe just add something that says person A is biological father/mother, while person B is legal guardian. This shouldn't be an issue, and it's hard for me to believe that it isn't just some way to still oppose gay marriage as much as possible while still obeying the law.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(December 5, 2015 at 10:06 pm)Chad32 Wrote: The whole deal with gay rights is fighting for the right to do everything straight people are allowed to do. I don't see why they shouldn't put the parent's names on the certificate, and maybe just add something that says person A is biological father/mother, while person B is legal guardian. This shouldn't be an issue, and it's hard for me to believe that it isn't just some way to still oppose gay marriage as much as possible while still obeying the law.

Good point
Typically, when a person, or a couple adopts a child, they are legally assuming all of the rights and responsibilities that the natural born parents could not or would not take on. They are spending a lot of money for the opportunity to have a family. By all rights, they deserve to have their names listed on the birth certificate because they are, in the eyes of the law, the legal parents.

Biological lineage gets tossed out the window when a child gets adopted.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
That's why they make guns, just saying...
(December 5, 2015 at 10:15 pm)Judi Lynn Wrote: Typically, when a person, or a couple adopts a child, they are legally assuming all of the rights and responsibilities that the natural born parents could not or would not take on. They are spending a lot of money for the opportunity to have a family. By all rights, they deserve to have their names listed on the birth certificate because they are, in the eyes of the law, the legal parents.

The adoptive parents can get a birth certificate listing them as the original parents.
(December 5, 2015 at 10:15 pm)Judi Lynn Wrote: Typically, when a person, or a couple adopts a child, they are legally assuming all of the rights and responsibilities that the natural born parents could not or would not take on. They are spending a lot of money for the opportunity to have a family. By all rights, they deserve to have their names listed on the birth certificate because they are, in the eyes of the law, the legal parents.

I still think you have a record of people's biological parents. Not saying adoptive parents shouldn't have a certificate of some sort but it's odd to give them a "birth" certificate when they're not the birth parent.
With closed adoptions there is no record
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(December 6, 2015 at 1:16 am)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:
(December 5, 2015 at 10:15 pm)Judi Lynn Wrote: Typically, when a person, or a couple adopts a child, they are legally assuming all of the rights and responsibilities that the natural born parents could not or would not take on. They are spending a lot of money for the opportunity to have a family. By all rights, they deserve to have their names listed on the birth certificate because they are, in the eyes of the law, the legal parents.

I still think you have a record of people's biological parents. Not saying adoptive parents shouldn't have a certificate of some sort  but it's odd to give them a "birth" certificate when they're not the birth parent.

This is America.  The land of loopholes.

These links explain the usual process but there may be variations between States.

https://adoption.com/birth-certificates-for-adoptees

https://www.cdph.ca.gov/certlic/birthdea...MERGED.pdf

https://www.childwelfare.gov/pubPDFs/infoaccessap.pdf

Is this a factor if they needed bone marrow or some other tissue?

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  polls, Americans don't think about Russia Interaktive 21 1535 December 13, 2019 at 6:22 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I Don't Think It Is A Psychological Quirk Minimalist 9 879 October 18, 2018 at 9:10 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Racism = Prejudice + Power? Mechaghostman2 1 504 August 2, 2017 at 7:32 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  I really don't know what to think anymore NuclearEnergy 10 2494 February 15, 2017 at 10:39 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Senate votes to abolish "don't ask don't tell" theVOID 11 3681 December 20, 2010 at 7:26 am
Last Post: Jaysyn