Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missing Post(s)
Missing Post(s)
Another forum member, Cato, recommended a website article, and after reading it, I wanted to quote and comment upon something I found at that site.

But when I copied and pasted the passage into my post, my entire post disappeared. Twice.

What happened?
RE: Missing Post(s)
We have some forum software that detects and quarantines posts that look like spam. Your post is there, not lost, but just hidden where only staff can see it.

When this happens in the future, please just PM a staff member and we will look at it.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(December 13, 2015 at 12:08 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: We have some forum software that detects and quarantines posts that look like spam. Your post is there, not lost, but just hidden where only staff can see it.

When this happens in the future, please just PM a staff member and we will look at it.

Oh, okay. 

My post was a long passage from the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy, and I posted it in the thread on Moral Argument in the Atheism forum.

Thanks.
I think I released it yesterday. Check and see.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(December 13, 2015 at 12:53 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: I think I released it yesterday. Check and see.

Thanks.

BTW, I think I just lost another one to the blackhole labelled, "Pending Moderation".  Smile

It was in the Atheism forum...the Who's the Best Spokesman thread.

I linked to another one of my posts here in this forum. I guess ANY links (intra-forum links included) are prohibited until I've been here 30 days?
Yeah, the akismet plugin is racist against newbies... [emoji14]

I'll give it a look.

(December 15, 2015 at 11:49 am)athrock Wrote:
(December 13, 2015 at 12:53 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: I think I released it yesterday. Check and see.

Thanks.

BTW, I think I just lost another one to the blackhole labelled, "Pending Moderation".  Smile

It was in the Atheism forum...the Who's the Best Spokesman thread.

I linked to another one of my posts here in this forum. I guess ANY links (intra-forum links included) are prohibited until I've been here 30 days?

Here's the 30/30 rule. I'm not sure if it applies to your particular posts or not, but it might be helpful anyway. 

Quote:30/30
In addition to the advertising rule, new members must make 30 posts and be a member for 30 days before they are allowed to post external content, such as links, images, or videos. This is to ensure that advertising is not the sole purpose for the member joining the forums. Any posts where the sole intention is to link to external content may be removed by staff, and will not count towards the 30 posts requirement. Once the 30/30 requirements have been met, members are free to post external content, however the advertising rule will still apply. 

An exception to the 30/30 requirements is when external content is used within a discussion or with the intention of discussion. For example, a member who has not yet met the 30/30 requirements is allowed to post external content if they are using it as evidence in a discussion, or if it is relevant to the ongoing discussion.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
There were a number of posts from the OP and others that were false positives in our spam filter. I've release them all.
It's a conspiracy! 

Cranky
Clap

Thanks, everyone.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Curious about a missing member. Ravenshire 13 2426 May 27, 2018 at 3:59 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Missing drafts (threads, not PMs) Aroura 13 2082 December 2, 2016 at 9:06 pm
Last Post: Aroura