Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:11 pm

Poll: Which way would you rather be estimated incorrectly if you had to pick one or the other?
This poll is closed.
I'd rather be overestimated than underestimated.
5.88%
1 5.88%
I'd rather be underestimated than overestimated.
94.12%
16 94.12%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you rather be overestimated or underestimated?
Would you rather be overestimated or underestimated?
This is a question I posed to someone years ago. I don't know why but they said that asking them that question changed the way they think about life. I doubt that that is common and I don't know why it affected them that way... but I find it an interesting question nonetheless.

I don't see why it would be remotely life changing... it's just a "which would you rather" question.

So, which is the lesser evil, if you HAD to pick one, how would you rather people mistreated and judged you if you HAD to choose between the following two incorrect ways of being estimated: Overestimated or underestimated.

Which would you rather if you had to pick one: Be underestimated or overestimated?

NOTE: I don't wanna influence the poll by voting myself until plenty of other people have voted... then I will give my own opinion and vote.
RE: Would you rather be overestimated or underestimated?
Be underestimated. I don't want to be praised for something I'm not or feel the burden of not living up to expectations. Proving myself is more fun then, too.
My life remains the same. I want my time back .-.
When people underestimate you, it's easy to surprise them.

I should know. My mother-in-law treats me like I'm retarded.
Yup. Pretty much what faith said. As we mostly know by now, I am disabled. And everything I do seems, to certain able bodied people, to be my attempt at proving I can do something. I'm not going to Seattle to visit family in June. I'm going in order to "prove" something, apparently.

I'm always underestimated. I'd kind of rather be overestimated, but that has its downside, too.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(Also, fuck all polls)
Block NO Angry
(December 14, 2015 at 3:56 pm)c172 Wrote: I'm always underestimated. I'd kind of rather be overestimated, but that has its downside, too.

Feel free to vote in the poll, my friend Smile
Oops. Brain flatulence.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Underestimated any day.  It's always gratifying to see shock on their faces when they realize that you have far out-performed what they thought that you were capable of.  (bad grammar, I know - it's Monday and I'm tired.)  It's even better when you leave the guys who thought you were insignificant in your dust.
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Would you still cook if you diddn't have to? Angrboda 41 2024 October 30, 2023 at 3:40 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  ‘Would You Rather’ Scenarios BrianSoddingBoru4 25 1315 June 26, 2022 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Where would you go if you could? Brian37 24 1944 August 18, 2021 at 6:56 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Who would you rely on to help you out? Cod 18 1266 January 8, 2019 at 6:36 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Inspired rather than random thoughts tackattack 20 1838 November 24, 2018 at 9:52 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Would you rather? Mr.Obvious 30 2735 February 22, 2018 at 11:18 am
Last Post: emjay
  Would you rather die of thirst or hunger? ErGingerbreadMandude 18 1432 January 29, 2018 at 2:13 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Which one would you rather be: Deaf or Blind? Omnicidal 41 4978 January 3, 2018 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  What would you do if you woke up one day to find you were the last person alive? Edwardo Piet 64 16127 October 16, 2017 at 7:25 pm
Last Post: c172
  What would you do if you could remember every single moment in your life? c172 11 2449 October 13, 2017 at 5:46 pm
Last Post: vorlon13