Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you kiss Pope's ring?
Would you kiss Pope's ring?
Considering that Pope Francis is going around Canada meeting people, I was wondering what would you as unbelievers (either atheist or member of some religion that is not Catholicism) do if you found yourself in a room with the Pope?

Would you not want to be rude so you would follow the protocol which means bow to him and kiss his ring? Or would you just shake his hand and smile at him? Or would you just ignore him and go out of the room? Or would you tell him to go fuck himself?
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
RE: Would you kiss Pope's ring?
I’d kiss his ring, but only if he shows he can do a proper Brando impression:

Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
I would call him out as the pedo in chief!
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

Every man/woman has their price, I suppose. Professor Stephen Hawking knelt before Pope John Paul II.
The question is moot, since I'll never meet him.  Hmph
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
Sex workers get paid. How much money is that fancy sorcerer willing to part with?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
He does have a nice hat!
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

(July 27, 2022 at 10:35 am)Jehanne Wrote: Every man/woman has their price, I suppose.  Professor Stephen Hawking knelt before Pope John Paul II.

Before he was confined to a wheelchair, I presume.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(July 27, 2022 at 11:38 am)Mister Agenda Wrote:
(July 27, 2022 at 10:35 am)Jehanne Wrote: Every man/woman has their price, I suppose.  Professor Stephen Hawking knelt before Pope John Paul II.

Before he was confined to a wheelchair, I presume.

From what I understand of the timeline of Hawking's physical deterioration, I'm fairly certain it would have been physically impossible for him to kneel by the time John Paul II became the pope.

And, on second thought, maybe I wouldn't kiss the ring, even if he did a good Brando impression. Maybe I'd just do this to the ring:

Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Yeah, looking at the pics online, it looks like Professor Hawking was just bowing his head before Pope Paul VI. It looks like he had an interest in Catholicism, in that there are photos of him with all the Popes of the last 50 years.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Would you still cook if you diddn't have to? Angrboda 41 2173 October 30, 2023 at 3:40 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Pope Francis to channel the dead mother of Jesus. Jehanne 3 268 March 22, 2022 at 4:43 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Where would you go if you could? Brian37 24 2027 August 18, 2021 at 6:56 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
Heart American Gods & The Young Pope AnubisBarba 4 420 March 25, 2020 at 4:48 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  RING STING ignoramus 21 1374 January 8, 2019 at 12:31 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Who would you rely on to help you out? Cod 18 1329 January 8, 2019 at 6:36 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  A Letter to Pope Francis (signatures needed) Catholic_Lady 40 3773 September 7, 2018 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  What would you do if you woke up one day to find you were the last person alive? Edwardo Piet 64 16346 October 16, 2017 at 7:25 pm
Last Post: c172
  What would you do if you could remember every single moment in your life? c172 11 2465 October 13, 2017 at 5:46 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  What would you do if you found out I didn't exist? Edwardo Piet 4 806 October 7, 2017 at 8:13 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet