Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 3:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you do if given a ton of money?
What would you do if given a ton of money?
Quote:I would open a chain of stores and sell novelty juice/soda drinks and inexpensive designer goods. These would be sold at very affordable prices so that even people who were not well off could buy them, or at least save up for them. i wouldn't care if these stores made a profit or not.
"Imagination, life is your creation"
RE: What would you do if given a ton of money?
I would fix the things that need fixing in our house and make some changes that would make things easier for us as we get older. Then I would start a trust for each of the grandkids...hopefully to be used for education.

A big ton of money...I would pay off my son's house, help older daughter buy a house, and help younger daughter do the same after helping her get her addiction issues under control....I will not finance her addictions.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Is that a ton of gold or platinum or a ton of rupees?

I suppose either way I'd get a fork lift first.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Add it to the other 3 tons of monies I already have.
I'd gamble, drink and smoke most of it, the rest I would just waste. -George Best -(England's greatest goal keeper)
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
I would buy myself a papal title and tell Catholics that Catholicism is a fraud and that there is no God, and they would have to listen to me because the pope is infallible.

Then I would buy myself a title of a Mormon elder and unmask that fraudulent religion to its followers.

Then I would buy myself the highest thetan level so that I became the Captain of the Sea Org and leader of the Church of Scientology and then I would disband that organization.

All until people get freed from religion.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
I suspect I’d give most of it away. Our current resources are ample for our needs, and there are plenty of people who could use some help.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Give em to Trump, so he could make world great again.
A moot question, since I'm already financially well off. I'm presently making plans with my carpenter to have a walk-in bathtub installed.  Great
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
At work.

Wonder why some one dropped a truck load of coins in my drive way and how to get ride of the darn mess.

Coffee

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Would you still cook if you diddn't have to? Angrboda 41 2166 October 30, 2023 at 3:40 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The concept of "spending money" as a fetish Ahriman 15 1754 December 20, 2022 at 8:49 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Where would you go if you could? Brian37 24 2015 August 18, 2021 at 6:56 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  I have given up smoking 6 months ago , but ... Megabullshit 95 3466 April 1, 2020 at 6:40 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Who would you rely on to help you out? Cod 18 1326 January 8, 2019 at 6:36 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Making money online. paulpablo 25 2292 September 10, 2018 at 10:50 pm
Last Post: Losty
  The most wasted money ...... KittyAnn 38 3270 July 4, 2018 at 10:52 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  What would you do if you woke up one day to find you were the last person alive? Edwardo Piet 64 16273 October 16, 2017 at 7:25 pm
Last Post: c172
  What would you do if you could remember every single moment in your life? c172 11 2459 October 13, 2017 at 5:46 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  What if you had the power to reinvent money ErGingerbreadMandude 26 4517 October 8, 2017 at 12:47 pm
Last Post: Aegon