Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 7:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No, Atheism isn't a Religion
No, Atheism isn't a Religion
It's really obvious when you learn to read.

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/defini...sh/atheism

"Disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods."
RE: No, Atheism isn't a Religion
Fool! Disbelief is just a codeword for blind faith! REPENT MOTHERFUCKERS
If atheism is a religion we should be getting some fucking tax exemptions, I'll say that much.
Bollocks! Now that they have proven that atheism is a religion, maybe we should give it a new name which reflects this - for instance Atheitarianism.

Considering how many things there are which I think don't exist, I must be the most religious person in the world!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

So I spent money on a funny hat for nothing? Damn it!
Yes it is.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
Not playing golf is a sport
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

(December 14, 2015 at 5:47 pm)zebo-the-fat Wrote: Not playing golf is a sport

It certainly makes for a better spectator sport.
(December 14, 2015 at 5:44 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Yes it is.

Maybe, just maybe, for the ones who have gone completely militant about atheism and turned it into a lifestyle - - I could see your point.  Most militant atheists are gnostic, they say that they KNOW god doesn't exist, and they won't be happy until the world agrees with them.  Inasmuch as they are acting exactly like the worst proselytizing xtians out there - - you might say that being a "loud and proud atheist" is their religion.   

Still, the problem there is, that they don't believe that god exists.  They don't follow a leader, have regular worship or group meetings.  They are usually loners, who often disagree with other atheists on many things.

So I would call it an obsession and a lifestyle, certainly, and as you pointed out in another thread, something that is of great importance to them.  But they aren't worshiping anything, other than their belief that they are right.
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
Indeed, I love watching people not play golf!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is Atheism a Religion? Why or why not? Nishant Xavier 91 4922 August 6, 2023 at 1:38 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
Wink Religion vs Atheism! Bwahahahahahahahah MadJW 146 11371 November 5, 2021 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  World War I, religion died in the 20th century, science triumphed in religion in the Interaktive 35 4194 December 24, 2019 at 10:50 am
Last Post: Interaktive
  [Serious] When God isn't the answer to the question, then what is? Catharsis 55 6835 May 31, 2019 at 1:38 pm
Last Post: SlowCalculations
  Faux News: Atheism is a religion, too TaraJo 53 24724 October 9, 2018 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: Alan V
  Isn't Atheism anti Christian than anti religious? Western part atleast Kibbi 14 3493 October 5, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  Why Atheism Replaces Religion In Developed Countries Interaktive 33 5943 April 26, 2018 at 8:57 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why atheism is important, and why religion is dangerous causal code 20 8543 October 17, 2017 at 4:42 pm
Last Post: pocaracas
  Atheism VS Christian Atheism? IanHulett 80 27081 June 13, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Why do atheists think Original Sin isn't real? ErGingerbreadMandude 34 6719 January 21, 2017 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: vorlon13