Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Simple mathematical error in quran.
Simple mathematical error in quran.
Im tired of mo3 telling me 'i answered that before.' I am going to open a new thread about this issue.
It could seem a waste of topic but you can always use that argument against muslims it never gets oldBig Grin
And I will post each and every post mo3 and I sent.(its long and boring. but here..)

lets see what is that mathematical error.
Muhammed Mustafa Wrote:Allah instructs you concerning your children: for the male, what is equal to the share of two females. But if there are [only] daughters, two or more, for them is two thirds of one's estate. And if there is only one, for her is half. And for one's parents, to each one of them is a sixth of his estate if he left children. But if he had no children and the parents [alone] inherit from him, then for his mother is one third. And if he had brothers [or sisters], for his mother is a sixth, after any bequest he [may have] made or debt. Your parents or your children - you know not which of them are nearest to you in benefit. [These shares are] an obligation [imposed] by Allah . Indeed, Allah is ever Knowing and Wise.
Nisa 11.
Edit:
Muhammed Mustafa Wrote:And for you is half of what your wives leave if they have no child. But if they have a child, for you is one fourth of what they leave, after any bequest they [may have] made or debt. And for the wives is one fourth if you leave no child. But if you leave a child, then for them is an eighth of what you leave, after any bequest you [may have] made or debt. And if a man or woman leaves neither ascendants nor descendants but has a brother or a sister, then for each one of them is a sixth. But if they are more than two, they share a third, after any bequest which was made or debt, as long as there is no detriment [caused]. [This is] an ordinance from Allah , and Allah is Knowing and Forbearing.
Nisa 12.

okay there is the math problem...
first of all read it carefully. then read it again for its impossible to understand at one time
lets do the math then..

2/3 to daughter 1/6 to mother and father each. 1/8 to his wife.
(2/3)+(1/6)+(1/6)+(1/8 )= 27/24 = 1,125
okay if you are little educated you can see that mathematical error here. you cant divide your heritage as quran instructed. its impossible...
so if you have a father a mother daughter and a wife you are an infidel becouse when you die it wont be able to divide your heritage as instructed in quran.

that was my first post. Now lets see mo3's "answer"..
(June 23, 2010 at 8:00 pm)mo3taz3nbar Wrote:
Quote:okay there is the math problem...
first of all read it carefully. then read it again for its impossible to understand at one time
lol that verse is very hard to be translated i just used the arabic Quran or you have to get Quran with commentary
Quote:2/3 to daughter 1/6 to mother and father each. 1/8 to his wife.
(2/3)+(1/6)+(1/6)+(1/8 )= 27/24 = 1,125
okay if you are little educated you can see that mathematical error here. you cant divide your heritage as quran instructed. its impossible...
lol you are adding different situations to each other the first situation is if a man died and left 2 daughters or more and thats it there is no wife mentioned or parents the parents is mentioned in a different situation in the rest of the verse. not all the situations are mentioned in the Quran but we were given general rules that when used you can know what to do in all the situations
http://islamqa.com/en/cat/338&pp=200 have fun Smile
why didnt you ask yourself if muhammed(pbuh) wrote the Quran why wouldnt he ignore inheritance as it is ignored in other religions and does this would make a difference for the believers? and why didnt he just leave inheritance as it was before islam?and why didnt he put simple rules regardless of its fairness or not? Thinking
then i replied;
(June 23, 2010 at 8:27 pm)annatar Wrote:
Quote:lol you are adding different situations to each other the first situation is if a man died and left 2 daughters or more and thats it there is no wife mentioned or parents the parents is mentioned in a different situation in the rest of the verse. not all the situations are mentioned in the Quran but we were given general rules that when used you can know what to do in all the situations
no it is not different situations... are you saying one cant have a daughter, mother, father and wife at the same time???
dude even muslim people struggled to solve this mathematical error.they are using some constant(called avl) to fix that error(its not fixing it though you are not using exact percentages which god instructed. by the way it is a great sin according to quran, violating Allah's words...)

Quote:why didnt you ask yourself if muhammed(pbuh) wrote the Quran why wouldnt he ignore inheritance as it is ignored in other religions and does this would make a difference for the believers? and why didnt he just leave inheritance as it was before islam?and why didnt he put simple rules regardless of its fairness or not?
first of all its not a fair division at all.modern laws are way better suited. are you saying your god couldn't think that???And you are asking why he put these rules to quran? Thats good becouse you are starting to understand Muhammed. he is a mean, power-mad person who wants to control everyone and everything. Thats why you can see all instructions about how to ea,t how to walk, how to dress. and you can see these verses written after he took control of all arab world. in quran you can see verses for muhammed's guests, telling them not to stay too long or about muhammed's sexual life, which wife he has to visit today etc...He wrote those verses just for his selfish benefits. you can see them.
just read the quran.
mo3:
(June 23, 2010 at 8:48 pm)mo3taz3nbar Wrote: @annatar i know nothing about avl you are talking about but anyway i mentioned that if a situation is not mentioned in the Quran it depends on the ruler to decide what is best under the general rules given in the Quran and i posted a link that shows how these general rules cover every situation
about the modern laws its just your opinion you cant know the difference of inheritance laws and if it is fair or not unless you have a great knowledge about different situations(which i didnt see by myself) all i know that i never heard of a problem in islamic countries about inheritance
about the claims with no evidence i cant keep up with that and its pointless just google it before you post it to know wether there is a base for these claims or not and if you have an evidence for any claims i will be happy to answer you but when you just say things i dont even know why you are saying it its really hard to reply but believe me am not reading the Quran only but am studying every little word in it as i do with most scriptures

mo3taz3nbar Wrote:if a situation is not mentioned in the Quran it depends on the ruler to decide what is best under the general rules given in the Quran
and my answer to that statement.
annatar Wrote:its not the case becouse quran specifically instructed how you should divide your heritage.
And here im shoting you with your own gun. you cant correct quran becouse quran says so.!
So(if you have patience) you can read his answers and decide if he answered my questions or not.
and for you mo3, we can disscus this error further in this thread if you really want to disscus and not to avoid.
Quote:Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo? Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise cannot see all ends.

Gandalf The Gray.
RE: brand new Thread:Simple mathematical error in quran.
my answer is so simple i dont know what you cant understand?
you are adding different situations to each other. the situation mentioned in the first of the verse is a man died having 2 daughters or more so your equation must be like this 2/3 + ? + ? = ? this is the situation mentioned what you are doing is adding unknowns which led to a situation not mentioned in the quran
about the avl thing i mentioned that in the Quran the general rules are given and if a situation is not mentioned its up to the ruler to decide what to do(taking in considiration the general rules)

NB according to islamic rules the parents get their shares first(if they exist) and what remains is given to rest of the familly members according to their shares so your calculations is pretty messed up from different ways
read my posts please!!!!
mo3taz3nbar Wrote:you are adding different situations to each other.
--
annatar Wrote:no it is not different situations... are you saying one cant have a daughter, mother, father and wife at the same time???
dude even muslim people struggled to solve this mathematical error.they are using some constant(called avl) to fix that error(its not fixing it though you are not using exact percentages which god instructed. by the way it is a great sin according to quran, violating Allah's words...)
--
This is what quran instructed and it is clear(and wrong!). I have done the same discussion with Muslim Scholars. And they can't deny it. only saying we can fix this with avl constant. I think your knowledge about islam (and mathematic) is very slight. so please "do some search"
What you said about this issue is blasphemy according to quran...
Quote:Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo? Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise cannot see all ends.

Gandalf The Gray.
Quote:no it is not different situations...
continue the verse and you will see the different situations given "...For parents, a sixth share of the inheritance to each, if the deceased left children; if no children, and the parents are the (only) heirs...."
the begining of the verse is talking about if he died and have 2 or more daughters this is the situation and what i quoted now is another situation as it says what the parents will take if he have children and if he dont have children you are adding all together Smile
even in the situation you are saying(which is not mentioned in the Quran) you are making a mistake by not taking into consideration that the children share is from the remaining after parents take their share
Quote:are you saying one cant have a daughter, mother, father and wife at the same time???
is that what you understood from my post?
Quote:dude even muslim people struggled to solve this mathematical error.they are using some constant(called avl) to fix that error(its not fixing it though you are not using exact percentages which god instructed.
i gave you a link that contains about 60 different situations with no struggling and no avl(which i cant even know what it means) the struggling is just in your head and again i told you before that we are given the general rules and if there is a situation that is not mentioned the ruler have the right to decide what to do taking into consideration the general rules given in the Quran. i searched different situations but i cant find any problems if there is a certain situation you want to know about just write it and i will try to help you to understand
Quote:I have done the same discussion with Muslim Scholars. And they can't deny it. only saying we can fix this with avl constant.
ok am not a muslim scholar and i answered you.you talking with a muslim scholar who dont know about this issue has nothing to do with our discussion unless you are using this to prove your point Smile
Quote: I think your knowledge about islam (and mathematic) is very slight. so please "do some search"
ROFLOL no offence.
Quote:even in the situation you are saying(which is not mentioned in the Quran) you are making a mistake by not taking into consideration that the children share is from the remaining after parents take their share
once again you are showing that you are not reading. Read the verse, its clear that all percenteges are based on whole heritage. not remaining. read the verse carefully.Anyway its clear that you haven't done the math(or you are really bad at it.) becouse even if it said share remainings of heritage there would be lots of share not known whom to give.
Quote:ok am not a muslim scholar and i answered you.you talking with a muslim scholar who dont know about this issue has nothing to do with our discussion unless you are using this to prove your point Smile

i said "i discussed with a schollar and he didn't deny" becouse knew that problem. But you are unaware of this situation obviously. If you were aware.you wouldn't be talking like that.
By the way i haven't noticed that verse is following by another(nisa 11. and 12.) since i was depending on turkish versions of the verse. so rest of the instructions are there i'll edit my first post. My apologies for that..

I will try to explain this error more detailed. Perhaps you can understand now.(all quotations from quran.)

Quote:"But if there are [only] daughters, two or more, for them is two thirds of one's estate."
("..of one's estate" means from the whole of what you have left. just to make it clear.)
if there are more then 2 daughter they will get 2/3 of it.
lets say the guy had 3 daughters, -to make it easy lets assume 60$ he left- so girls are getting 40$ and 20$ left

Quote:"And for one's parents, to each one of them is a sixth of his estate if he left children."
(again ..of one's estate) it's declaring a condition "if he left children" it says which he has in our example.
father and mother are taking 1/6 each.

so we said 3 daughters so if mome and dad taking 1/6 of heritage they will take 10$ each
Quote:"But if you leave a child, then for them is an eighth of what you leave, after any bequest you [may have] made or debt."
(again he means from the whole of your heritage.)
if you have children 1/8 of what you have left is theirs(your wives)

so you have kids(daughters) father, mother and wifes and quran says if you have children you have to give your wives too that means 7.5 $ they will take.
so 3 girls=40$
mome+dad=20$
wives=7.5$
sum=67.5 which means %112 of your heritage.

it's all given in quran. all situations spesifically declared. I am just following quran!
percentages are little bit complicated in here maybe thats why muhammed messed up. he should had made it more simple( and fair )
before you answer, please read this example carefully and try to understand first. its not a difference of opinion it is a math error!! And for that it can be proved as easily as I did above. when you read and understand the mistake we can proceed to how muslims try to fix it(and how/why they fail)

Gandalf The Gray.
Quote:once again you are showing that you are not reading. Read the verse, its clear that all percenteges are based on whole heritage. not remaining. read the verse carefully.
the inheritance is not based on the Quran only in the Quran we are given the general rules
Quote:Anyway its clear that you haven't done the math(or you are really bad at it.) becouse even if it said share remainings of heritage there would be lots of share not known whom to give.
if something is left this is where it goes:
"And when the relatives and the orphans and AlMasakin (the poor) are present at the time of division, give them out of the property, and speak to them words of kindness and justice"(Quran 4:8)
Quote:i said "i discussed with a schollar and he didn't deny" becouse knew that problem. But you are unaware of this situation obviously. If you were aware.you wouldn't be talking like that.
i clarified about the total of the ratios not equal one and i dont think that this is not clear i even showed you how do you know it is a different situation in the english translation
Quote:By the way i haven't noticed that verse is following by another(nisa 11. and 12.) since i was depending on turkish versions of the verse. so rest of the instructions are there i'll edit my first post. My apologies for that..
there is a lot of verses about inheritance general rules not only the ones in chapter 4
Quote:I will try to explain this error more detailed. Perhaps you can understand now.(all quotations from quran.)
the islamic laws dont depend in the quran only it depends on sunnah also.you dont expect that every situation to be mentioned in details in the Quran this will take books and the Quran is talking to humans who can understand and can put rules under the general ones given in the Quran to assure fairness and justice between the familly members who inherits
Quote:it's all given in quran. all situations spesifically declared. I am just following quran!
percentages are little bit complicated in here maybe thats why muhammed messed up. he should had made it more simple( and fair )
i clarified that there are different situations mentioned in the Quran which the one you are talking about is not one of them and i clarified how you can know this but you still ignoring it.about this rules being fair or not you must first understand what the rules are based on and the reason for this rules
Quote:before you answer, please read this example carefully and try to understand first. its not a difference of opinion it is a math error!! And for that it can be proved as easily as I did above. when you read and understand the mistake we can proceed to how muslims try to fix it(and how/why they fail)
i read the example but we are talking about a situation not mentioned in the Quran so we are here talking about islamic laws(sharia) not a mathematical error in the Quran as i clarified what is the error you are doing regarding the understanding of the verse
if you are willing to discuss islamic laws which are based in shura(the opinion of the public and the ruler under general rules of the Quran) we will be discussing different opinions which has nothing to do with the subject we are talking about all i will be able to do in this case i will just see the reasons of the general rules given in the Quran and tell you my opinion regarding the matching of the general rules given and the opinion made according to shura in certain situations
(June 27, 2010 at 6:07 am)mo3taz3nbar Wrote:
Quote:once again you are showing that you are not reading. Read the verse, its clear that all percenteges are based on whole heritage. not remaining. read the verse carefully.
the inheritance is not based on the Quran only in the Quran we are given the general rules
Quote:Anyway its clear that you haven't done the math(or you are really bad at it.) becouse even if it said share remainings of heritage there would be lots of share not known whom to give.
"And when the relatives and the orphans and AlMasakin (the poor) are present at the time of division, give them out of the property, and speak to them words of kindness and justice"(Quran 4:8)
Quote:i said "i discussed with a schollar and he didn't deny" becouse knew that problem. But you are unaware of this situation obviously. If you were aware.you wouldn't be talking like that.
i clarified about the total of the ratios not equal one and i dont think that this is not clear i even showed you how do you know it is a different situation in the english translation
Quote:By the way i haven't noticed that verse is following by another(nisa 11. and 12.) since i was depending on turkish versions of the verse. so rest of the instructions are there i'll edit my first post. My apologies for that..
there is a lot of verses about inheritance general rules not only the ones in chapter 4
Quote:I will try to explain this error more detailed. Perhaps you can understand now.(all quotations from quran.)
the islamic laws dont depend in the quran only it depends on sunnah also.you dont expect that every situation to be mentioned in details in the Quran this will take books and the Quran is talking to humans who can understand and can put rules under the general ones given in the Quran to assure fairness and justice between the familly members who inherits
Quote:it's all given in quran. all situations spesifically declared. I am just following quran!
i clarified that there are different situations mentioned in the Quran which the one you are talking about is not one of them and i clarified how you can know this but you still ignoring it.about this rules being fair or not you must first understand what the rules are based on and the reason for this rules
Quote:before you answer, please read this example carefully and try to understand first. its not a difference of opinion it is a math error!! And for that it can be proved as easily as I did above. when you read and understand the mistake we can proceed to how muslims try to fix it(and how/why they fail)
i read the example but we are talking about a situation not mentioned in the Quran so we are here talking about islamic laws(sharia) not a mathematical error in the Quran as i clarified what is the error you are doing regarding the understanding of the verse
if you are willing to discuss islamic laws which are based in shura(the opinion of the public and the ruler under general rules of the Quran) we will be discussing different opinions which has nothing to do with the subject we are talking about all i will be able to do in this case i will just see the reasons of the general rules given in the Quran and tell you my opinion regarding the matching of the general rules given and the opinion made according to shura in certain situations

Why that's blasphemy!! Don't spread it too much around or you might get executed.
RE: Simple mathematical error in quran.
Quote:the inheritance is not based on the Quran only in the Quran we are given the general rules
did you really read quran? or verses i gave? its all clear and all situations given.(of course its not telling all combinations but it gives instructions for all conditions and you can use it for all situations. and it has being used like that since muhammed!!!! ) By the way you are hiding something... tell me your claim about "remainings"Big Grin for once be breave and admit that you are wrong.

Quote:

i proved that it has nothing to do with remainings!! all percentages are given from the whole of heritage!!!!!!(my reference is quran what is yours? hahaha infidel!!!)
Quote:the islamic laws dont depend in the quran only it depends on sunnah also.you dont expect that every situation to be mentioned in details in the Quran this will take books and the Quran is talking to humans who can understand and can put rules under the general ones given in the Quran to assure fairness and justice between the familly members who inherits
once again your claim is false. it depend on quran only.. if something is not writen on quran only then you can use sunnah or hadith
in our case, how you should divide your heritage is clearly instructed in quran.all islamic governments are using this you are just an ignorant. its like rejecting "2+3=5"..

Funny thing about this issue, if you are rejecting it you are rejecting quran.that means you are infidel and you will be tortured in hell for eternityBig Grin

All you have done since the begining of our debate, was repeating yourself with same irrational claims and false arguments...Are you really blind?
Please learn something about this issue before posting another same reply..

Gandalf The Gray.
Mo3 is a knob. Sorry I know it's childish but it needs to be said
Quote:if something is left this is where it goes:
i proved that it has nothing to do with remainings!! all percentages are given from the whole of heritage!!!!!!(my reference is quran what is yours? hahaha infidel!!!)
are you sure you read my post before you reply?
Quote:once again your claim is false. it depend on quran only.. if something is not writen on quran only then you can use sunnah or hadith
i explained this over 3 times and you still dont understand again for the last time in the Quran we are given general rules there is no rule given in th Quran with all the possible situations that could happen
Quote:in our case, how you should divide your heritage is clearly instructed in quran.all islamic governments are using this you are just an ignorant. its like rejecting "2+3=5"..
the case you mentioned is not in the Quran so you must admit first you was ignorant and adding different situations to each other(as the subject was mathematical error in the Quran) and after that i will tell you what to do in the situation you mentioned
Quote:All you have done since the begining of our debate, was repeating yourself with same irrational claims and false arguments...Are you really blind?
Please learn something about this issue before posting another same reply..
you are asking the same questions after i answer them but just in this post you started changing your position from mathematical error in the Quran to explaining the particular situation you mentioned before
plz annatar use more polite way in talking unless you have nothing to do except talking in a bad way Smile
(June 27, 2010 at 11:55 am)mem Wrote: Mo3 is a knob. Sorry I know it's childish but it needs to be said
dont be sorry mem say whatever you want i will just ignore you Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does the Quran support Theocracy? Leonardo17 80 2663 4 hours ago
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  New Controversies around the Desecration of the Quran Leonardo17 100 8640 August 20, 2023 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Quran and Hadiths annatar 34 20553 October 11, 2022 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  3 simple points to end the discussion with any muslim SaStrike 10 1343 September 20, 2022 at 12:14 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  "Nas" is probably my favorite arabic word in the Quran Woah0 22 1280 August 22, 2022 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  3 simple points to end the discussion with any Sunni/Shiite WinterHold 69 6332 August 8, 2022 at 9:38 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  [Quranic reflection]: The Big Bang theory in the Quran. WinterHold 62 4374 June 14, 2022 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How I'd Reveal the Quran To Humanity ReptilianPeon 23 2896 May 11, 2022 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Cavalry
  2-big bang theory in the Quran mo3taz3nbar 108 48873 April 3, 2022 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  [Quranic Reflection]: Quran vs Hadith- why the Hadith is false WinterHold 176 12330 January 15, 2022 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Angrboda