Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 5:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Sound Does Yellow Make? :-D Post Your Favorite Discword Trope Here!
What Sound Does Yellow Make? :-D Post Your Favorite Discword Trope Here!
Big Grin
Having discovered Terry Pratchett's Discworld only a few years before his unfortunate death (don't know how I missed it, if this series was popular on the West side of the Atlantic when it began in the 1980's), I even more recently discovered there are apprx. 35 hilarious installments on this magical world which he crafted with such brilliant reflection on the real people in our world. I have since resolved to read every one of them in sequence, and while the series had its ups and downs, it only seems to improve every time he put out a story while writing at his best. At the moment I just began "Interesting Times", and it's another night of LMAO so far!

So if you're a Pratchett fan, what's your favorite quote, or Discworld trope?
Mr. Hanky loves you!
RE: What Sound Does Yellow Make? Post your favorite Discword Trope Here!
Squid aphrodisiac to get the belt buckle that subtle hint of Japanese tentacle monster.. stuff
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
RE: What Sound Does Yellow Make? :-D Post Your Favorite Discword Trope Here!
'The realization that nothing was going to happen hit him at the same time as Rincewind who, whirling wildly down the corridor, kicked him sharply in the groin.'

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnaQXJmpwM4

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(paraphrased if not accurate)
The presence of those who are seeking the truth is infinitely more desirable than those who think they know it.
Mr. Hanky loves you!
Oh, A Wizard's Staff Has A Knob On the End!
Drunken tune sung in Ankh-Morpork

(December 22, 2015 at 5:12 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnaQXJmpwM4

Thank's for posting that, I wasn't aware of any screen series other than the cartoons which I had managed to google up. This looks like one which may be well worth sitting through at some point in the future - Death has a really bad-ass skull, and actually cool vocals! Until then I look forward to reading (or hearing the audiobook) Hogfather!

Hear thee all, the words of our prophet: We need to believe in the good that we can make true, because no one else can make it so!

EDIT: Oh, I see now there doesn't really seem to be a series spanning Discworld at all - I found the Wyrd Sisters cartoon, which I didn't really think was the best of Discworld, and couldn't believe anyone would choose that if they were only going to do one of the books or even a few! Maybe you enjoyed the three witches, to each their own. They did have their moments.
Mr. Hanky loves you!
(December 24, 2015 at 7:16 am)God of Mr. Hanky Wrote: Oh, A Wizard's Staff Has A Knob On the End!

(December 22, 2015 at 5:12 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnaQXJmpwM4

Thank's for posting that, I wasn't aware of any screen series other than the cartoons which I had managed to google up. This looks like one which may be well worth sitting through at some point in the future - Death has a really bad-ass skull, and actually cool vocals! Until then I look forward to reading (or hearing the audiobook) Hogfather!

Hear thee all, the words of our prophet: We need to believe in the good that we can make true, because no one else can make it so!

EDIT: Oh, I see now there doesn't really seem to be a series spanning Discworld at all - I found the Wyrd Sisters cartoon, which I didn't really think was the best of Discworld, and couldn't believe anyone would choose that if they were only going to do one of the books or even a few! Maybe you enjoyed the three witches, to each their own. They did have their moments.
Sky made a series of Discworld specials The colour of Magic, The light Fantastic, Going Postal and The Hogfather. I think that's all. they were all well done.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(December 24, 2015 at 1:05 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(December 24, 2015 at 7:16 am)God of Mr. Hanky Wrote: Oh, A Wizard's Staff Has A Knob On the End!

Sky made a series of Discworld specials The colour of Magic, The light Fantastic, Going Postal and The Hogfather. I think that's all. they were all well done.

Thanks!
Mr. Hanky loves you!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who's your favorite serial killer? Foxaèr 9 655 October 6, 2022 at 12:51 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Does Joshua James Duggar's sentence make sense? Jehanne 6 677 August 26, 2022 at 8:59 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  What's your favorite Weather app? Jehanne 13 1121 July 20, 2022 at 4:29 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  What does your username mean? vulcanlogician 46 2728 February 11, 2022 at 12:38 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  Your favorite species. Brian37 43 1989 August 11, 2021 at 1:03 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Your favorite meat approximation? Gawdzilla Sama 31 1592 August 29, 2020 at 10:07 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Your Favorite Religious/ Scriptural Quotes chimp3 37 3903 May 6, 2020 at 11:44 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Your damn electric car needs to make noise brewer 29 3561 July 16, 2019 at 7:40 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Your favorite type of Dog Docto021 23 1501 May 6, 2019 at 10:08 pm
Last Post: Sal
  COKE HERE, GET YOUR COKE HERE.... Brian37 7 973 March 3, 2019 at 8:16 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4