Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 1:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
YES!!!
Wink 
YES!!!
Link

Quote:Fact: You've probably bought presents or Christmas lunch supplies from at least one of Woolworths, Bunnings, Myer, Harvey Norman, Big W or World Vision.

Why? It's not about the value equation, or the range, or the free wrapping services. It's about ads.

These companies and charities are Christmas's top advertisers, spending hundreds of millions to dominate December advertising markets.

I HAVE NOT!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I drove to Milton NSW on Monday and bought all my XMas gifts from small local retailers. Yes I really drove 3hours out of Canberra to do my XMas shopping.

Also, I bought all the groceries I need from Coles today, even though I have drive an extra 10k. SUCK ON THAT ADVERTISING!!!
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
RE: YES!!!
Me neither. Granted, I'm from Europe...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Yeah but you were probably brainwashed by local advertising and became a mindless drone without even knowing it.

SHAME ON YOU!! Big Grin
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
I drove 0 miles and bought all my gifts on Amazon. I didn't have to purchase gas from one of those energy giants!

I haven't seen an Amazon ad, so I'm in the clear too!
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Yeah my shitty 1999 Laser burnt through probably nearly $30 in fuel. But it's still worth it! Even though the day was shitty and I couldn't go to the beach, I got to have a drink at the Marlin, and enjoy 6 hours of open country driving! Big Grin Including overtaking on the King's Hwy with an oncoming car flashing his lights at me (goddamned noob lol).

In fact funny story, I know the King's like the back of my hand. And it often has roadworks. One year there was a section newly tarmac'd(/resealed) with no marking and the usual "don't overtake unless safe" sign. It was previously an area with a dashed line and so I overtook some car over it with no problems. Then when the lines were painted in they were double-lined! So now it'd be illegal for me to do that. I don't mind that they did that, but the problem with the King's is that it has so few overtaking lanes and needs to be duplicated. On Monday I was driving at 80kmph for literally about 12-15 minutes behind a vehicle before I could overtake (the speed limit is 100), and at another point coming back I was following at about 70 (but only for 4-5 mins)!

On the Princess Hwy between Bateman's Bay & Ulladulla I'd say I was doing 90 average. That's the dangerous section, many years ago they put the speed limit down to 90 (it's back to 100) and I can't believe they didn't stick with it. So don't go thinking I'm some kind of speed-fiend!

(December 23, 2015 at 9:56 am)Aractus Wrote: Yeah but you were probably brainwashed by local advertising and became a mindless drone without even knowing it.

SHAME ON YOU!! Big Grin

I literally ordered everything on Amazon because it is too much hassle to go shopping with the baby, without ever having seen their advertisement.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

(December 23, 2015 at 9:56 am)Aractus Wrote: Yeah but you were probably brainwashed by local advertising and became a mindless drone without even knowing it.

SHAME ON YOU!! Big Grin

Nuh uh.
Brainwashed! Rolleyes

I am a meme MACHINE, baby...

That exactly described brainwashing! LOL!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Yes, but... Foxaèr 5 444 December 29, 2023 at 9:10 pm
Last Post: no one
  New Avatar, yes or no The Valkyrie 18 1137 February 1, 2021 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  A Very Merry Unbirthday to You! (yes, you) Gawdzilla Sama 3 684 December 30, 2017 at 4:58 pm
Last Post: pocaracas
  At some point "yes" needs to be regulated. Foxaèr 64 5627 March 30, 2016 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Yes, it is a holiday Foxaèr 21 2512 December 25, 2015 at 6:35 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  "Yes means yes" - I have some doubts Dystopia 1 622 January 21, 2015 at 3:29 am
Last Post: robvalue
  She said yes. :D (For real this time) Tiberius 71 14061 December 19, 2013 at 6:19 pm
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  Yes, I WANT MY MOMMY! Brian37 74 13838 September 25, 2013 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  He said yes. :D Napoléon 58 15811 April 2, 2012 at 11:08 am
Last Post: zip_ster
  She said yes. :D Tiberius 105 30629 April 2, 2012 at 10:04 am
Last Post: Violet