Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:10 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wish me luck
Wish me luck
Tomorrow is my first day at my new job as an academic advisor. Shock
I am excited and nervous xD
I haven't had a job since I was a teenager.

I think my greatest worry is that, I am on the perfect meds regime right now and if for some reason these meds stop working for me I might not be able to do the job anymore. I just have a tiny voice in the back of my head telling me I'm setting myself up for failure. But you know, aside from that tiny voice, I am staying positive. xD

This job also comes with benefits like health insurance, so after some saving up I'm going to be able to afford the surgery I need. Another benefit is that they reimburse your cost of schooling if you go to certain local schools to get your degree, so I'm going to go to college Shock

Things are falling into place and I'm well on my way to learning how to be an independent adult xD
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
RE: Wish me luck
Don't listen to that voice.  Voices in your head rarely know what they are talking about, anyway.

Good luck.
I fucking love you.
Go Losty! Best of luck!
Ah, congratulations, Losty. My wife was an academic advisor until she got promoted(she still does that job, she just doesn't have the title anymore). Because of that, I have to wish you luck in dealing with some of the spoiled students and their overbearing parents. You're probably going to need it.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Wow, congratulations Losty!! That is so awesome!

Don't listen to little voices. Worrying is unnecessary and it doesn't help solve the problem. Besides, I'm confident you're going to do great Smile

Wishing you the best of luck, all fingers crossed and sending big kitty hugs your way!

[Image: cat-hugging-kitens.jpg]
(January 5, 2016 at 12:39 pm)Faith No More Wrote: Ah, congratulations, Losty.  My wife was an academic advisor until she got promoted(she still does that job, she just doesn't have the title anymore).  Because of that, I have to wish you luck in dealing with some of the spoiled students and their overbearing parents.  You're probably going to need it.

For myself personally, the title is just there because they didn't have a good title for person who deals with parent teacher conferences and other such things for students whose parents don't speak English. This is an elemtary school so I'm hoping it will come with a lot less stress than the same job in a high school setting might.

0/10

(January 5, 2016 at 12:46 pm)Losty Wrote: This is an elemtary school so I'm hoping it will come with a lot less stress than the same job in a high school setting might.

That's what my sister thought when she transferred her college major from high school teaching to elementary school teaching. But she quit the degree entirely because of her experiences training at an elementary school. Tongue
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(January 5, 2016 at 12:48 pm)Esquilax Wrote:
(January 5, 2016 at 12:46 pm)Losty Wrote: This is an elemtary school so I'm hoping it will come with a lot less stress than the same job in a high school setting might.

That's what my sister thought when she transferred her college major from high school teaching to elementary school teaching. But she quit the degree entirely because of her experiences training at an elementary school. Tongue

Thanks, I feel so much better now Tongue

0/10

(January 5, 2016 at 12:49 pm)Losty Wrote:
(January 5, 2016 at 12:48 pm)Esquilax Wrote: That's what my sister thought when she transferred her college major from high school teaching to elementary school teaching. But she quit the degree entirely because of her experiences training at an elementary school. Tongue

Thanks, I feel so much better now Tongue

Oh, and she also brought home some terrible, virulent strain of the flu that everyone in my family caught off of her, and we all ended up sick for like a week. Tongue

But I will say that she's back in her teaching degree now, though currently with a focus on teaching ESL classes in another country. A lot of how often she's changed her major is her own flightiness, so don't worry. Wink I volunteered for a time as a teaching assistant at a special needs elementary school class, and that worked out fine for me! Tongue
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
I will be dealing a lot more with parents than students, and I'm an OCD germaphobe so I think I'll be okay. I'm going to haz my own office xD

0/10

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Things your family/friends have done you wish. Brian37 5 512 October 19, 2021 at 5:56 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The Statistical Improbability (Just My Luck) wolf39us 113 5209 July 16, 2020 at 12:19 pm
Last Post: Porcupine
  Holiday Wish-Lists Athene 0 460 November 11, 2019 at 2:51 am
Last Post: Athene
  Pizzagate(the documentary you wish you'd never seen) particleman 14 1495 July 17, 2019 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  The No Good, Bad Luck Thread Bob Kelso 4 368 September 12, 2018 at 12:16 pm
Last Post: brewer
  May I be the first to wish you a safe and happy... Gawdzilla Sama 0 523 January 1, 2018 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Let's wish Christmas wishes !!!🎁 KittyAnn 47 7215 December 25, 2017 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  LOL I wish this feature was real Edwardo Piet 7 1035 December 21, 2017 at 7:36 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Deep Down I Wish I Could Just Hug You Fuckers Edwardo Piet 25 2784 October 18, 2017 at 1:33 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  If you could have One wish.. Mystical 54 14632 July 12, 2017 at 7:41 am
Last Post: Ben Davis