Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 2:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Statistical Improbability (Just My Luck)
The Statistical Improbability (Just My Luck)
Hey guys!  Long time.

A couple of weeks ago I was hit with some news that I had never anticipated at all

A little backstory:  I’ve always said my whole life that I would never have kids.  Don’t want them, don’t want to be in the same room, don’t want to watch em.  Sorry.
When I was 21, I decided to get a vasectomy.  My girlfriend and I fought over this and broke up shortly after.

Fast forward to 2018:  I met the girl of my dreams. We married, and have a wonderful life together.  There was one stipulation / sacrifice that I knew would be VERY difficult for me, but I decided she was worth it.

We agreed on one kid in a few years.  One and done, no más.

Well, before I even had a chance to hit our one year anniversary, we found out that she is pregnant.
I really couldn’t believe it at all... guys, she was late by 20 days.  I haven’t had a reversal, so I was very skeptical.

The gyno confirmed it.  8 weeks.

My whole world stopped.  The mix of emotions (up and down) are real...  sad, accepting, sad again. 
I’ve been having a very difficult time accepting this when I know I was supposed to have the choice in the end.

This will easily be the biggest challenge I’ve ever had. --One that I didn’t prepare for at all--

I called the urologist and he said that it likely grew back.  20,000:1 chance my ass....

--
So anyway, she has agreed to the one and done.  From now on we will use two forms of BC at all times... Can't even trust a damn vasectomy lol

PS: Before anyone says anything about infidelity, she and I have been together in quarantine the whole time lol.  I will be getting tested though and re-snipped
RE: The Statistical Improbability (Just My Luck)
Congratulations. You'll quickly find that this was the most fortunate and happy accident you've ever made in your entire life.

-Even if it's not actually yours, lol. You have the opportunity to make it yours, the both of you.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
As Jews say: Mazel tov!
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(June 26, 2020 at 11:33 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Congratulations.  You'll quickly find that this was the most fortunate and happy accident you've ever made in your entire life.

-Even if it's not actually yours, lol.  You have the opportunity to make it yours, the both of you.

I really really hope so.  

I'm not kidding when I say I have an extreme case of child aversion lol
So do I, and yet, I have five..at least.

Gratz again (and in perpetuity, you'll need it)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Have your sperm tested.

If the count comes back zero - demand a paternity test.

If you don't you're as big a schmuck as Joseph believing that "immaculate conception" story Mary cooked up.
Why....why!?!

You're not a very secure man, are you? Children are children. A blessing or a curse, they are not made so on account of who's dick has been where.

If you ever liked girls, you'd better be ready to like kids.
(June 26, 2020 at 12:36 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Why....why!?!  

You're not a very secure man, are you?  Children are children.  A blessing or a curse, they are not made so on account of who's dick has been where.

You're pretty gulliable ain't ya?

You'd bet against 20,000 to 1?

Schmuck...
Sequenced your kids yet? Because it's sooooooooooooooooooo important.
(June 26, 2020 at 12:35 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Have your sperm tested.

If the count comes back zero - demand a paternity test.

If you don't you're as big a schmuck as Joseph believing that "immaculate conception" story Mary cooked up.

Oh no worries, I already have the doctors script.  Will be dropping off a sample in the next week or two.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The No Good, Bad Luck Thread Bob Kelso 4 368 September 12, 2018 at 12:16 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Can I Just Say and I'm just being honest (Holiday Edition) Mystical 9 2137 November 25, 2016 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  Wish me luck Losty 47 7378 January 14, 2016 at 9:23 am
Last Post: brewer
  Good night good luck from dyresand 0 987 May 24, 2015 at 11:33 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Good Luck Lek 53 5976 May 24, 2014 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Down on my luck and still godless. Brian37 7 1586 January 3, 2014 at 4:15 pm
Last Post: EgoRaptor