Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Way to Go Iran.
Way to Go Iran.
Not to often that we in the west hear about good things coming out of Iran.

http://news.yahoo.com/irans-needy-winter...53824.html

Coldest day of the winter here so far. Think I'll make a 2nd visit of the week to the shelter today.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
RE: Way to Go Iran.
Hate to be snarky (not really) but Iran is sited on a LITERAL ocean of oil, why is anyone cold there ??
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(January 10, 2016 at 12:50 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Hate to be snarky (not really) but Iran is sited on a LITERAL ocean of oil, why is anyone cold there ??

It's a political phenomena known as the "resource curse." Resource dependency correlates with slow economic growth and political corruption. There is very little transparency in oil-rich countries, due to the absence of institutional checks, the severity of corruption, and inadequacy of property rights.
(January 10, 2016 at 12:50 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Hate to be snarky (not really) but Iran is sited on a LITERAL ocean of oil, why is anyone cold there ??

Not that easy for them to sell oil, as you should well know. Also, why's anyone cold in the US? Biggest economy in the world.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]

Snarky ain't no thing. Same there as here. Lack of caring.
Nice to see that Iran did something good for once.
Considering Iran has more women than men in its universities, especially in science and engineering fields, I would say Iran did a lot more good than ever did many of our closer friends in the Islamic world.
(January 10, 2016 at 1:50 pm)Pony Wrote: Nice to see that Iran did something good for once.

They probably do plenty of good things, we just never hear about them.
^
^

That's true. But of course the Western media would never let us hear of that.
It doesn't fit the narrative, as far as Fox News and it's brethren in spirit around the world are concerned. And it doesn't make for juicy news, as far as so called serious media outlets go. Less juicy, less viewers, less ad money.

Iran is also one of the select few countries in the region, that has something similar to a democracy. Similar, because the clergy still calls the shots, which candidates are allowed to participate.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Iran's top nuke scientist killed. Brian37 18 1075 November 28, 2020 at 1:53 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Rays of Lightening..... WAY TO GO TAMPA! Brian37 8 452 April 24, 2019 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  So the way to honor our military is to do what? Brian37 9 1132 November 19, 2018 at 11:37 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  This Is Not The Way To Stop Him From Incriminating Himself Minimalist 13 1003 August 8, 2018 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Un, Putin and now Iran Brian37 14 1216 August 1, 2018 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  I Would Expect Arizona To Lead The Way Minimalist 59 4803 June 29, 2018 at 4:11 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Good, Mueller. Now Work Your Way Up The Food Chain! Minimalist 7 791 June 15, 2018 at 10:37 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  President Shithole backs out of Iran nuke deal Brian37 23 1439 May 10, 2018 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Way to go Country Music. Brian37 0 426 March 5, 2018 at 10:29 am
Last Post: Brian37
  I Think The World Would Take Us Much More Seriously On Iran Minimalist 3 601 February 1, 2018 at 5:08 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah