Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Would Expect Arizona To Lead The Way
I Would Expect Arizona To Lead The Way
When it comes to American fucktardery, we're #1.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/06/arizona...on-policy/

Quote:An Arizona columnist who wrote sympathetically about immigrant children being snatched away from amnesty-seeking parents snapped back at her own readers for fiercely defending Donald Trump’s right as president to take the kids and place them in detention centers.

Here's Laurie's column about the fucking racists who replied.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion/...712779002/

And here's her original column which set the knuckle-draggers off!

https://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion/...703962002/
RE: I Would Expect Arizona To Lead The Way
That's the problem. With great wealth and power comes the inability to sympathize and/or empathize. Why else would corporate types be able to make it big in this forsaken country?
No one has the right to move to another country without its permission. We haven't given the illegal aliens permission to move to this country. We are therefore justified in detaining and expelling them. It's really that simple.
The funny bit was the racist who opined that 'Donald Trump is the most successful president since Reagan!'  He must have missed this bit:

Ronald Reagan Supports Open Border With Mexico

So, for all you Republitrumps (my new word) who wet your knickers over the very thought of Ronald Reagan, try to remember that, for all his myriad faults, he would likely have been appalled at this policy of Trump's.

Boru

(June 20, 2018 at 3:27 am)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote: No one has the right to move to another country without its permission.  We haven't given the illegal aliens permission to move to this country.  We are therefore justified in detaining and expelling them.  It's really that simple.

And no one deserves to have their children taken from them for a misdemeanor.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(June 20, 2018 at 3:27 am)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote: No one has the right to move to another country without its permission.  We haven't given the illegal aliens permission to move to this country.  We are therefore justified in detaining and expelling them.  It's really that simple.

You still are missing the point, nobody is arguing illegal immigrants should not be detained or expelled, they are arguing that separating the children from the parents is unnecessary and cruel.

And that has absolutely fucking nothing to do with the fact that the practice of separating children from their parents while being detained is unnecessary, immoral and inhumane. Its really that fucking simple.

We're separating children of legal asylum-seekers presenting themselves at the official points of entry, so I have to call bullshit on it being that simple, and if it were, it still doesn't justify separating them from their children without due process.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
It's a little disturbing. We have republicans who will fight tooth and nail to prevent abortion, up to bombing clinics, but don't seem to care much about the kids already born. Seperate them from immigrant parents. Complain about welfare and food stamps for the poor. This is not making America great again.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

If the Antichrist were real, they would vote for him as long as he promised to appoint a pro-life justice.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(June 20, 2018 at 5:47 am)Mr.wizard Wrote: You still are missing the point, nobody is arguing illegal immigrants should not be detained or expelled, they are arguing that separating the children from the parents is unnecessary and cruel.

This is the part where people don't understand what's happening.  The trick is you usually have to make it all the way to the bottom of a long article to find it, if it's even included.  When you hear Trump blames democrats, this is what he's referring to.  

https://www.npr.org/2018/06/19/621065383...the-border

A two-decade-old court settlement, the Flores settlement, and a law called the Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act both specify how the government must treat migrant children.

They require that migrant children be placed in "the least restrictive environment" or sent to live with family members. They also limit how long families with children can be detained; courts have interpreted that limit as 20 days.

So the legal options for the government are:  
1) Release the family into the US and give them a court date.  A date many just won't show up to. 
2) Detain until the court date, which means you have to split up the family, because only the adults can be detained for that long.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Get the lead out onlinebiker 22 1607 August 31, 2021 at 7:54 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Rays of Lightening..... WAY TO GO TAMPA! Brian37 8 432 April 24, 2019 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  So the way to honor our military is to do what? Brian37 9 1060 November 19, 2018 at 11:37 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Arizona Gets One Right. Must Have Been An Accident. Minimalist 0 424 October 23, 2018 at 3:04 pm
  This Is Not The Way To Stop Him From Incriminating Himself Minimalist 13 988 August 8, 2018 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Good, Mueller. Now Work Your Way Up The Food Chain! Minimalist 7 756 June 15, 2018 at 10:37 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Arizona police violently beat unarmed man zebo-the-fat 12 1404 June 8, 2018 at 7:08 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Will Cadet Bonespurs Lead Them In Person? Minimalist 17 1730 April 6, 2018 at 7:53 pm
  Arizona's Sheriff Shitstain - The Gift That Keeps On Taking Minimalist 4 535 March 11, 2018 at 11:26 am
Last Post: chimp3
  Way to go Country Music. Brian37 0 421 March 5, 2018 at 10:29 am
Last Post: Brian37