Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:15 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My ban
My ban
I wish to talk to the staff about the circumstances in which I was banned. I wish to understand why I was banned and I'm not merely asking for examples of rules I broke. I wish to understand how exactly I broke those rules, with proper evidence of such misdemeanors on my part and the corresponding reasoning. This is so I can refrain from making the same mistake in the future. I am entirely open to being approached in private about this, so please do so if you think that's the more appropriate thing to do.

Here is the original explanation given for why I was banned.

We have decided to give Excited Penguin a two week vacation from the forums. 

Flaming/Trolling, harassing new members in the shoutbox, and firebombing literally every thread. Not Acceptable.

RE: My ban
The Rules Wrote:If a member receives a punishment they feel is unwarranted, they may appeal the punishment by contacting a member of staff, preferably one of the administrators. Members should use the private messaging system to make their appeal, and include any information that might be relevant.

My bolding.

If you wish to discuss your ban with the Staff, do it by PM. Understood?
(January 23, 2016 at 12:52 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: I wish to talk to the staff about the circumstances in which I was banned. I wish to understand why I was banned and I'm not merely asking for examples of rules I broke. I wish to understand how exactly I broke those rules, with proper evidence of such misdemeanors on my part and the corresponding reasoning. This is so I can refrain from making the same mistake in the future. I am entirely open to being approached in private about this, so please do so if you think that's the more appropriate thing to do.

Here is the original explanation given for why I was banned.

We have decided to give Excited Penguin a two week vacation from the forums. 

Flaming/Trolling, harassing new members in the shoutbox, and firebombing literally every thread. Not Acceptable.

This is probably something you should discuss with Staff in private.

Boru

edit: Yeah, what Evie said.
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(January 23, 2016 at 12:55 pm)Evie Wrote:
The Rules Wrote:If a member receives a punishment they feel is unwarranted, they may appeal the punishment by contacting a member of staff, preferably one of the administrators. Members should use the private messaging system to make their appeal, and include any information that might be relevant.

My bolding.

If you wish to discuss your ban with the Staff, do it by PM. Understood?

I don't know who to talk to, though. Sorry for forgetting about that part of the rules, I didn't intentionally overlook them. Who should I PM though? Which admin? Which moderator?
Never mind this thread, I'll actually PM what I need to say. Sorry for this.
[Image: 59078388.jpg]
No drama required. Nor was I looking for any. I expressly broke a rule and am ready to support consequences for that.
Why are there lines across the words?
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(January 23, 2016 at 1:33 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Why are there lines across the words?

I did that so as to not generate any further controversy. I didn't modify anything else though and am sure the staff would be able to get to it even if I did. That rule is there for a purpose, I am trying to serve its purpose as best I can after I disregarded it. That is all.
EP, can you post another picture of you in the member photos thread?
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another thread ban Huggy Bear 38 4024 April 25, 2023 at 1:15 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Ban Amnesty? Jehanne 8 1505 June 10, 2022 at 7:57 am
Last Post: brewer
  Question regarding that heavy ban hammer Foxaèr 16 1898 July 28, 2020 at 11:27 pm
Last Post: outtathereligioncloset
  Can I request a temp Ban for a month? Heywood 119 13222 May 27, 2015 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: Mystical
  Ban Vote Cinjin 20 4043 May 16, 2011 at 4:43 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13