Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another thread ban
Another thread ban
So were thread banning people in non serious threads now? At least announce it so people know why I'm no longer replying Dodgy

[Image: H99GX9P.png]
Interesting, since ol Huggy gets the thread ban hammer for just mentioning what she said, in a 30+ page thread in which the op is no longer participating, because a certain mod can't handle any discussion of race.
RE: Another thread ban
So you start whole to piss and while  Dodgy
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

I have said on the thread multiple times that it is not a thread about race. You keep going back there.

Staff has discussed this over the last couple weeks and it was agreed upon by a majority that action was called for. This is the least of what could have been done. You didn't get a points warning. You didn't get a forum ban.

You are not going to turn every thread into a race issue. All threads aren't race related. Consider this a warning for the future that such behavior will be stopped sooner.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(April 22, 2023 at 10:39 am)Helios Wrote: So you start whole to piss and while  Dodgy

Please don't fuel the fire.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(April 22, 2023 at 10:42 am)arewethereyet Wrote: I have said on the thread multiple times that it is not a thread about race.  You keep going back there.

Staff has discussed this over the last couple weeks and it was agreed upon by a majority that action was called for.  This is the least of what could have been done.  You didn't get a points warning.  You didn't get a forum ban.  

You are not going to turn every thread into a race issue.  All threads aren't race related.  Consider this a warning for the future that such behavior will be stopped sooner.

I created a whole thread just for discussions on race, I was banned from that too, the logic doesn't follow.

https://atheistforums.org/thread-63710.html
(April 22, 2023 at 10:58 am)Huggy Bear Wrote:
(April 22, 2023 at 10:42 am)arewethereyet Wrote: I have said on the thread multiple times that it is not a thread about race.  You keep going back there.

Staff has discussed this over the last couple weeks and it was agreed upon by a majority that action was called for.  This is the least of what could have been done.  You didn't get a points warning.  You didn't get a forum ban.  

You are not going to turn every thread into a race issue.  All threads aren't race related.  Consider this a warning for the future that such behavior will be stopped sooner.

I created a whole thread just for discussions on race, I was banned from that too, the logic doesn't follow.

I can't respond to a thread I am not aware of and didn't action.  

If you want to talk about nothing but race...there are surely forums for that.  This is not that forum.

You have your explanation regarding the 'Women's Right' thread.  I have no more to add.

Why this obsession wuth race?
As far as I'm concerned there is only one race - the human race, everything else is minor local differences, brown skin is no more important than brown hair or brown eyes
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

Aside from the ban itself, I do think Huggy has a point that thread bans should be publicly announced, lest the banned person's silence be misinterpreted.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
The only race that matters is RuPaul's Drag Race.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
"Methinks he doth protest too much."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ban Amnesty? Jehanne 8 1504 June 10, 2022 at 7:57 am
Last Post: brewer
  Question regarding that heavy ban hammer Foxaèr 16 1881 July 28, 2020 at 11:27 pm
Last Post: outtathereligioncloset
  My ban Excited Penguin 20 3018 January 24, 2016 at 10:01 pm
Last Post: Reforged
  Can I request a temp Ban for a month? Heywood 119 13221 May 27, 2015 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: Mystical
  Ban Vote Cinjin 20 4043 May 16, 2011 at 4:43 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13