Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 1:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My poop smells better than yours
My poop smells better than yours
Have there been any studies to indicate why my farts and poops smell like roses to me yet smell horrible to everyone else, and vice versa?
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: My poop smells better than yours
We hate the smell because of hydrogen sulfide gas which is lethal in high amounts. I know that much.
Presumably someone who had the same response to their own... excretions would not pass on their genes because they would avoid doing those things leading to a deterioration of health over time. Somehow our brains make the connection that its from us therefore it won't kill us which helps us maintain a healthy response.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
Bias!

Go and smell a real rose and do a double blind test!
You'll be surprised!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
I've heard of a srudy indicating that parents rate the smell of their children's diapers as less irritating than those of other kids.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

He he... I bet the same study also says that their children are beautiful!

I'm sure yours is Alex!
Seriously....
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Is bigger really better? onlinebiker 7 401 February 27, 2022 at 8:23 am
Last Post: brewer
  Fist bumping isn't better for germaphobes Foxaèr 17 2631 September 12, 2021 at 1:10 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Covers that are (in your opinion) better than the origionals Theswordismyleopard 15 707 August 30, 2020 at 7:58 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Covers that are (in your opinion) better than the origionals Theswordismyleopard 0 180 August 29, 2020 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: Theswordismyleopard
  Two things that I don't understand. Add yours. Figbash 14 1248 May 4, 2020 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: no one
  A better gum thread onlinebiker 7 743 May 16, 2019 at 7:25 am
  Do you and yours wear thermal under clothes when the weather gets cold? Duty 46 3118 November 15, 2018 at 11:06 am
Last Post: Duty
  For those who understand the law better than me (would you want it this way too?) Foxaèr 9 1155 July 27, 2018 at 6:24 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Ya knooow, Monica smells; oh ma gosh!: implicit hate and grudge in social life WinterHold 10 1436 July 20, 2018 at 5:12 am
  Poop splash KUSA 12 798 January 22, 2017 at 8:24 pm
Last Post: ignoramus