Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 12:54 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's hotter than hell here.
It's hotter than hell here.
(Some) People like to trott out the "it's due to global warming", but, of course, global warming is established much more by longitudinal studies than punctuated events like the late-Spring heat wave that is impacting the Midwest.

But, still, I can barely take it, and am fearful that my animals at home will die if my power goes out. What to do??
RE: It's hotter than hell here.
One way to cool down

[Image: Ice.jpg]
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
I can't afford that. And, if it melts (inevitable) and then leaks??
What's getting me, and my AC use, is the humidity.  The dew point is 75 F.  That's insane 600 miles from the Gulf.
It's 105 here today in New Mexico. Again. But thankfully no power issues.
"When you get the message, hang up the phone" --Alan Watts on enlightenment. Levitate
(June 13, 2022 at 2:09 pm)Jehanne Wrote: (Some) People like to trott out the "it's due to global warming", but, of course, global warming is established much more by longitudinal studies than punctuated events like the late-Spring heat wave that is impacting the Midwest.

But, still, I can barely take it, and am fearful that my animals at home will die if my power goes out. What to do??

Have you been having issues with the power going out?
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(June 13, 2022 at 3:32 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote:
(June 13, 2022 at 2:09 pm)Jehanne Wrote: (Some) People like to trott out the "it's due to global warming", but, of course, global warming is established much more by longitudinal studies than punctuated events like the late-Spring heat wave that is impacting the Midwest.

Have you been having issues with the power going out?

Since the Flood of 2008, two of the area power plants in Cedar Rapids were decommissioned. I think that we are down to one, a coal-fired plant.
A roasting 50F here. I’m not only happy about that, I’m smug about it. Smile

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

But, still, I can barely take it, and am fearful that my animals at home will die if my power goes out.  What to do??

That is everywhere. My friend in Pakistan had 40degrees Celsius which is 104 f.
It's a pleasant Spring day here. Barely hot enough - but we usually go from jacket weather to sweating buckets at the drop of a hat.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who's Hotter BangBros or Brazzers Neo-Scholastic 10 1153 June 24, 2021 at 9:20 pm
Last Post: Irreligious Atheist
  COKE HERE, GET YOUR COKE HERE.... Brian37 7 958 March 3, 2019 at 8:16 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4