Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 2:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goodbye Abe. Loved the Work.
Goodbye Abe. Loved the Work.
Died at 94. Barney Miller and Godfather.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wire...4-36528884
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
RE: Goodbye Abe. Loved the Work.
That's a shame.

RIP.
Dying to live, living to die.
Barney Miller was great.  Between Fish, Dietrich, and Wojciehowicz it was a riot.
Damn, I had no idea Vigoda was still alive. Yes, Barney Miller was great -- sort of an overlooked, underappreciated gem these days. But he'll always be Tessio to me.

And now he sleeps with the fishes. Sorry to hear.
His scene with Duvall was classic.

Sorry, Sal . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Scene?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(January 26, 2016 at 8:39 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: His scene with Duvall was classic.

Sorry, Sal . . .

This one? I grew up on Barney Miller and loved Fish, but this is his best scene ever. The 'old times sake' goes all the way back to his younger version in the throwback Vito scenes; not to mention the funeral scene where Michael said it was a smart move and Tesio was always smarter (than Clemenza, the other character in the throwback). For me this is what gives the scene power despite the almost dead-pan delivery; matter of fact consideration rather than begging. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d30Y0n1nDH4
Drinking should be done in the privacy of ones home, where it is necessary.

He died of boredom. He was sitting behind his desk one day, in his office, when a guy who was bored came in and shot him.

I've been eating prunes for 40 years. When I was 13, I gave a girl a necklace of prune pits. Her mother thought I was in voodoo.

Fish.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will leaving the state work in Texas brewer 19 935 July 13, 2021 at 6:16 am
Last Post: brewer
  White supremacists protecting Churchill statue get 'that work' in UK Huggy Bear 50 3315 June 16, 2020 at 12:42 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  4-day work week shown to be a success Foxaèr 17 1279 September 12, 2018 at 11:02 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  "The POTUS Who Loved Me" Brian37 8 958 July 28, 2018 at 4:44 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Then Your Culture Needs A Lot of Work, You Dumb Fuck Minimalist 13 1668 July 23, 2018 at 1:25 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Good, Mueller. Now Work Your Way Up The Food Chain! Minimalist 7 791 June 15, 2018 at 10:37 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Instead of Harsher Work Requirements for Food Stamps.... The Industrial Atheist 18 2205 May 24, 2018 at 2:09 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Good Work, Scotland Minimalist 7 840 December 27, 2017 at 10:05 am
Last Post: Joods
  Nice Work, Scotland Minimalist 8 715 October 8, 2017 at 1:47 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Bannon Will Have To Work On Breitbart's Math Skills Minimalist 7 1445 August 20, 2017 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: vorlon13