Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:57 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where were you when Challenger Exploded?
Where were you when Challenger Exploded?
I know, some here were to young. I remember hearing my parents generation talk about where they were with JFK. I remember where with Bobby and Martin. For Challenger, I was in Charlotte Amalie hoofing it down the main drag next to the ocean. People in cars driving by shouting out the news. Didn't really believe until I saw it on TV.

Where were you? Any other pivotal events where you remember where you were when the news broke.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/30-years-lat...emembered/
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
RE: Where were you when Challenger Exploded?
I was one.

Probably already disappointing my mother...

Smile
Dying to live, living to die.
I didn't exist.
Great. If the first two responses are any measure, this could be a short thread. Get off my lawn!
(January 27, 2016 at 8:02 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Great. If the first two responses are any measure, this could be a short thread. Get off my lawn!

Bring it on, old man. Tongue
Yeah, I was not yet produced. But things I do remember everything about learning of:

9/11 - 7th grade reading class

Umm... When I wrote that first sentence I thought there'd be more. There *are* many many more, but they're all sporting events. Like, I remember where I was and what I was doing when Cliff Lee got traded back to the Phillies, when Syracuse and UConn went to six overtimes, when France beat the U.S. In the World Cup Semifinals... Lots of sports ones. But stuff that matters? Meh.
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
(January 27, 2016 at 8:03 pm)Bella Morte Wrote:
(January 27, 2016 at 8:02 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Great. If the first two responses are any measure, this could be a short thread. Get off my lawn!

Bring it on, old man.   Tongue

Come closer, I have some candy. No, that's not the hose.
I was at school; elementary school. 3rd or 4th grade I guess.
Working.  Somebody had a radio and heard the news.
I was at work, I can't recall if we were watching the launch live or whether it was the breaking news coverage.

I remember it being horrifying in a most unreal kind of way.

It's not something I am likely to ever forget.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation 11:30 (local Time) Iranian Drones were detected moving toward Israel Leonardo17 35 972 Yesterday at 8:33 am
Last Post: Leonardo17
  Krakatoa just exploded Fake Messiah 24 993 April 12, 2020 at 2:29 pm
Last Post: Little lunch
  Where were you 9/11/2001? Brian37 63 3135 September 20, 2019 at 8:57 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  I TOLD You Those Vegans Were Trouble!! BrianSoddingBoru4 6 784 September 1, 2019 at 5:50 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I Knew Democrats Were Better! Minimalist 4 821 November 17, 2018 at 9:48 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Saudi Arabia: Two Saudi girls who flee to the U.S.A for asylum, were found dead WinterHold 1 592 October 31, 2018 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  I Wonder If There Were Any Witnesses? Minimalist 0 410 April 22, 2018 at 10:07 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  If I Were Raul Castro I Wouldn't Shake The WLB's Hand Either Minimalist 0 390 April 7, 2018 at 11:53 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  White Supremicists Were Ready For Violence The Grand Nudger 15 1891 December 2, 2017 at 4:40 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Guess He Figured If They Were In A Nursing Home They Weren't "Donors." Minimalist 5 1073 September 25, 2017 at 9:12 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd