Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 4:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP! Lost Win 7 password
HELP! Lost Win 7 password
It's a long story,but a friend has lost his password on his brand new Dell Laptop with Win 7. He swears he did not set one. It came with facial recogntion which was working but is not now. Cannot get in at all.

I think I need a disc. I''ve been Googling. Came across 'ophcrack' which is free,but does not work on windows 7.

IS there a work around or another free programme? This must happen all the time. Could I get in as 'Owner',rather than using his name?

Any ideas would be appreciated
RE: HELP! Lost Win 7 password
LOL

I stole a laptop and it is password protected. Can someone help me hack it open?
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
(July 10, 2010 at 12:16 am)Dotard Wrote: LOL

I stole a laptop and it is password protected. Can someone help me hack it open?

ROFLOL
Eeyore Wrote:Thanks for noticing.
Really, if this story were true all he would have to do is call Dell, or go to the dealership, provide proof of ownership, or identity and he would get hooked up.

I don't think anyone would not do this if it were "brand new" and obtained legally. 'Tis obvious what 'work around' pad is seeking.

How could 'his friend' "lose" his password if he swears he never set one?
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
---------------
NO MA'AM
(July 10, 2010 at 12:28 am)Dotard Wrote: Really, if this story were true all he would have to do is call Dell, or go to the dealership, provide proof of ownership, or identity and he would get hooked up.

I don't think anyone would not do this if it were "brand new" and obtained legally. 'Tis obvious what 'work around' pad is seeking.

How could 'his friend' "lose" his password if he swears he never set one?

You have a point. Tongue How irritating.
Eeyore Wrote:Thanks for noticing.
AS it turns out,it's perfectly true.My friend is over70 and easily flustered.

It's Ok,I got the help I needed from a less distrustful person on an Aussie forum,and now have boot disc I can use.

Dotard,you can be a real pain in the arse. Who you think you are? ME?Diablo
(July 10, 2010 at 1:06 am)padraic Wrote: Dotard,you can be a real pain in the arse. Who you think you are? ME?Diablo

We vie for the title of Grand Poo-Baa of the League of Extraordinary Pain in the Asses.
---------------
---------------
NO MA'AM
(July 10, 2010 at 10:49 pm)Dotard Wrote:
(July 10, 2010 at 1:06 am)padraic Wrote: Dotard,you can be a real pain in the arse. Who you think you are? ME?Diablo

We vie for the title of Grand Poo-Baa of the League of Extraordinary Pain in the Asses.

You are winning, for the nonce.Cool Shades

I fixed it with an application called Hiren's Bootcd. (freeware) Took less than 5 minutes once I had burned the ISO image to CD.
freeware pirateware
(July 14, 2010 at 7:46 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: freeware pirateware

Freeware is NOT pirated,but 'free to user'. Open source freeware may be be changed by the user. I think Hiren's Bootdisc is open source.

I find it hard to tell when you're serious. If you are,you just made yourself look ignorant. [yet again].

There are thousands of freeware applications and an entire OS with all its applications which is open source; LINUX.

Quote:Open-source software (OSS) is computer software that is available in source code form for which the source code and certain other rights normally reserved for copyright holders are provided under a software license that permits users to study, change, and improve the software. Open source licenses often meet the requirements of the Open Source Definition. Some open source software is available within the public domain. Open source software is very often developed in a public, collaborative manner. Open-source software is the most prominent example of open-source development and often compared to (technically defined) user-generated content or (legally defined) open content movements.[1] The term open-source software originated as part of a marketing campaign for free software.[2] A report by Standish Group states that adoption of open-source software models has resulted in savings of about $60 billion per year to consumers.[3][4]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open-source_software

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which TV game show would you win? Fake Messiah 6 839 January 18, 2023 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  What we really lost in all this shit... Gawdzilla Sama 7 1139 April 20, 2020 at 10:58 pm
Last Post: Little lunch
  Lost Commandments Cyberman 29 2252 August 19, 2018 at 9:28 am
Last Post: Cod
  I bet I don't even win the Mostedest Posts Posted Award Foxaèr 18 2139 April 9, 2018 at 9:34 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  I've lost more weight Foxaèr 14 1796 February 21, 2018 at 3:41 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Well, I've finally lost it. Gawdzilla Sama 0 609 January 27, 2018 at 2:40 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Ive lost all trust for my mom Socratic Meth Head 61 6140 June 2, 2016 at 4:27 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Challenge: Formulate a guide to win a Nobel Prize ErGingerbreadMandude 17 2434 February 3, 2016 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: c172
  GS Warriors one win away from setting new NBA record for most wins to start a season Whateverist 29 4437 December 13, 2015 at 4:29 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  I lost my heart today. Mudhammam 32 4893 November 20, 2015 at 6:42 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam