Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 11:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
11-Year-Old Genius Proves Hawking Wrong About God
Thumbs Down 
11-Year-Old Genius Proves Hawking Wrong About God
Christians seem to have found a new hope as someone to prove God's existence and that is not a cop, but this time it is 11 year old community college Astrophysics(?) student William Maillis. - Hey wait! What happened to Christian mantra "He is not qualified to talk about God because he doesn't have a theology degree" - to shield themselves from all those Hawkings and Dawkinses of this world?!!

And not just that but if you look at this article most of the text is praising how unusual this guy is and how smart and how genius - almost as if they're making an Argument from authority and that authority is not a theology student.

So you may wonder what is it that this prodigy genius thought up? Well I guess it's not more than a kalam argument.

Quote:We know the universe has an age, right? 13.8 billion years. So, 13.8 billion years ago, the entire universe was reduced to a singularity, a particle smaller than a quark. However, if gravity is always working, i.e.: if you jumped off this building, you’re not going to fall 15 seconds later, you’re going to fall immediately, so, if gravity was always working, and the singularity was always there […] then the universe should have no age, it should be infinitely old. But it’s not, it’s 13.8 billion years old. And something can’t come from nothing, because it would have to exist in order to cause itself to exist, which is illogical. So, therefore, something other must have created the singularity, and that something other me observe as God.
https://www.theepochtimes.com/11-year-ol...71964.html

So yes it's god of the gaps (we don't know what happened before universe happened therefore God) with total collapse of logic (something can’t come from nothing, because it would have to exist in order to cause itself to exist) - and yet God can apparently come from nothing, this is where this guy fails logically, but he also fails in knowledge - I know right! He is supposed to be a genius and yet doesn't know that there wasn't nothing before the universe, there was something and that something still exist and that is Cosmos.

This is a video of his whole argument where he makes other blunders

Like he claims that scientists think how universe also existed forever and he claims how Stephen Hawking claimed that before universe existed there was only gravity and then he "corrects" Hawking in something Hawking didn't even say.

I mean really, Christians - you are becoming desperate. To filter through all the scientists and only to come up to some 11 year old student and raise him on your shoulders as some sort of credentials that science approves of God is just desperate.

So what is going on here? Maybe this kid just loves his papa who is coincidentally an orthodox priest so you can imagine what would happen if William said to his papa: "Hey your god is poo poo. There is nothing there. No proof." Would papa say "OK, let me throw away my crucifix and find an honest job." or would he say "You little cunt! Get out of my house! When you live under my roof you're going to believe in my God! You think I don't know who kept me alive me when I fell into the well when I was nine! What do I care what some Dawkins or other scientist has to say about God?! You will listen to me!"

But it also could be a part of the bigger plan preparing the territory for this kid to publish a bestseller book about how God exists filled with drivel, bad logic and scientific nonsense, but as long as it has "Written by boy genius" written on it Christians will buy to wave around with it because god only knows they don't ever check these claims.

BTW here is a really good explanation why kalam argument is a nonsense

RE: 11-Year-Old Genius Proves Hawking Wrong About God
God.= we don' t know.

Q - Where did the universe come from?
A .- God

See how easy that is?

Blitheringly wrong in all likelyhood - but damned easy!
I was rather keen on astronomy and cosmology when I was a boy. As a senior in Catholic high school, I was presented with the Kalaam Argument as if it had been invented by St. Thomas Aquinas. I debunked it in front of my teacher, a Catholic priest, and was basically told to sit down and shut up. I later attempted to debunk another cosmological argument he presented the class and was told, "Don't try that trick of reaching for a science book!" In regard to religion, he was a bigger bullshit artist than Ken Ham.

By the time I was in college, I had built my own observatory and was well on the way to becoming an atheist. My 7th grade teacher, a nun, once boasted, "Science does not lead us away from God, but to Him." I'm glad to say I proved her wrong.
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
So a god made the universe, fine, but where was he before he made everything??
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

For a genius, this kid seems to be doing nothing more than spouting typical talking points.  He may be smart as a whip, but he's pretty unimpressive when it comes to cosmology.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
We know the universe has an age, right? 13.8 billion years. So, 13.8 billion years ago, the entire universe was reduced to a singularity, a particle smaller than a quark. However, if gravity is always working, i.e.: if you jumped off this building, you’re not going to fall 15 seconds later, you’re going to fall immediately, so, if gravity was always working, and the singularity was always there […] then the universe should have no age, it should be infinitely old. But it’s not, it’s 13.8 billion years old. And something can’t come from nothing, because it would have to exist in order to cause itself to exist, which is illogical. So, therefore, something other must have created the singularity, and that something other me observe as FSM.

You may herald me as the smartest being on this forum and in the known world, No, I won't do your taxes.

RAmen.
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

So has this genius yet explained what created God?

"Something can't come from nothing"
God is something.
Something can't come from nothing
God can't come from nothing.

So what created god?
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
(April 16, 2019 at 7:34 pm)Cecelia Wrote: So has this genius yet explained what created God?

"Something can't come from nothing"
God is something.
Something can't come from nothing
God can't come from nothing.

So what created god?

It's 'Quantum'!
But seriously, how come apologists haven't latched onto this yet. I mean it's an explanation for every other flavour of woo out their so why not god?

Or am I going to regret asking?
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Predictions for the new year zebo-the-fat 15 1590 March 9, 2020 at 6:03 pm
Last Post: Dundee
  Turns out we were all wrong. Here's undeniable proof of god. EgoDeath 6 1401 September 16, 2019 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Every f-ing year JWs knock on my door. Brian37 62 5314 July 10, 2019 at 11:51 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Quantum Physics Proves God’s Existence blue grey brain 15 1829 January 2, 2019 at 11:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Mary's Ten Year Pregnancy YahwehIsTheWay 131 14519 December 27, 2018 at 7:48 pm
Last Post: T0 Th3 M4X
  11-Year-Old College Grad Wants to Pursue Astrophysics to Prove God’s Existence Foxaèr 49 6641 August 2, 2018 at 4:51 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Dead people testify! We were wrong! ignoramus 12 1686 June 11, 2018 at 6:52 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Popcorn Proves Poppy the Pop Corn God. The Valkyrie 67 9902 May 16, 2018 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: brewer
  On the wrong tract............ Brian37 28 4728 December 16, 2017 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The false self and our knowledge of it's deception proves God. Mystic 89 11897 April 14, 2017 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger