Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Richard Dawkins suffers stroke.
Richard Dawkins suffers stroke.
I am hearing though through some sources that his mental capacity is still in tact.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2016...aland-tour
RE: Richard Dawkins suffers stroke.
Smote by Yahweh, no doubt.
Meanwhile Pat Robertson remains unmauled by a gorilla.
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.
(February 12, 2016 at 3:53 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Smote by Yahweh, no doubt.

Bullshit, everyone knows Allah smote or smitten him. Cant be that age thing.

He is a bit of a stuff shirt, but still, hope he gets as well as he can. Great contributor to understanding science.
Oh, I'm glad to hear it was minor. My mother had a minor one a few years back, and talking to her today you would never know it. I hope Mr. Dawkins makes a full recovery quickly! But none of us are getting out of here alive, and he's no spring chicken.

Still, watch all the fundies go on about how god really did smite him, even though he's 74. Just like asshats saying that is why Hawking is in a wheelchair (even though he's lived longer than anyone else with his condition).
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
I hope he'll be allright.

This article is interesting.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/no...rds-prayer

Quote:The Church of England has received unlikely backing from the biologist and prominent atheist Richard Dawkins after the UK’s three leading cinema chains refused to screen its advert featuring the Lord’s Prayer.

The 60-second advert was due to be shown before Star Wars: the Force Awakens, released on 18 December, which would have guaranteed it a huge cinema audience in the run-up to Christmas.

But the Odeon, Cineworld and Vue chains, which control 80% of screens around the country, have refused to allow it because of a policy not to allow political or religious advertising.

I take the cinemas' side on this. It's not a matter of free speech. It's a matter of their own freedom to choose what advertisements they show. And I fully agree that they shouldn't show religious advertisement of any sort.
(February 12, 2016 at 3:53 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Smote by Yahweh, no doubt.

Fucking old fart can't even do that right.  Some 'god.'
Best bit from the linked article:

'He also coined the term “meme” to describe a self-replicating unit that transmits cultural ideas, a rather loftier description than its current manifestation as an infinite cascade of sad frogs named Pepe.'

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(February 12, 2016 at 5:26 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Best bit from the linked article:

'He also coined the term “meme” to describe a self-replicating unit that transmits cultural ideas, a rather loftier description than its current manifestation as an infinite cascade of sad frogs named Pepe.'

Boru

I'm no Richard Dawkins, or biologist for that matter, but it always seemed to me like the internet memes would classify as classic memes as well.
Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  US Marine Corps Unit Suffers Devastating Defeat BrianSoddingBoru4 1 353 February 26, 2021 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Debbie Reynolds, Mother Of Carrie Fisher Rushed To Hospital For Possible Stroke A Theist 25 5218 December 29, 2016 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Richard Dawkins is improving, in his own words. Heatheness 11 1477 May 31, 2016 at 7:21 am
Last Post: Heatheness
  Rabbi falsely calls Dawkins anti Semite. Brian37 20 2387 January 28, 2016 at 5:50 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Dawkins on the "nones" adapting other woo Brian37 2 812 June 15, 2015 at 4:53 am
Last Post: abaris
  An Evening with Richard Dawkins QuarkDriven 0 511 April 30, 2015 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: QuarkDriven
  Actor-director Richard Attenborough dies Zidneya 1 1190 August 26, 2014 at 6:45 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Dawkins sparks outrage for saying Down Syndrome babies should be aborted Napoléon 125 19790 August 26, 2014 at 8:06 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Happy Birthday to Richard Dawkins! ThePinsir 4 1557 March 26, 2014 at 12:32 pm
Last Post: Rampant.A.I.