Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 6:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some people are just different....
Some people are just different....
So I go over to hang out with a friend, enjoy some herb. Well she is at a friends house whom I have never met. So I get directions and once I arrive I notice it is a low income/HUD housing project. So it is subsidized housing, which democrats for the most part support. Whatever the places are not that bad. Well anyways I meet her friend, within 5 minutes she is bashing Natives, and Obama, using racial slurs and so forth. One thing really stuck out " The natives don't own this land, because actually we bought the land so it is ours ". Well in a primitive society where they do not use money as any value how is that statement very reasonable. But anyways.
She was also quite delusional as she had just met a man "online" and within 2 days has decided to move down to Oklahoma. Also she has a kid and wants more. Now this man gave her a fake name, says he makes 70 an hr, and he has a multi-million dollar ranch in Oklahoma, that he wants her to come live at. They did meet and went on a date but thats not quite relevant because I'm sure this guy is just a "player". But she actually cried when I tried to explain how this was all very fishy, and said not to ruin the love of her life. Cried over a man she has known for a few days...

I've met a few people like this, where they just seem so out of place in the world and don't seem to really grasp reality the way that I perceive it or a normal human, but that is just my opinion.
So what is the deal with these people? Is it a mental condition, or is it an actual intelligence issue?
Their facts and beliefs are just so wrong and unsubstantial. I honestly felt bad for her wondering how someone could become so disconnected.

I'm sure you have met those people that just don't seem all there... ya know what I mean? Hard to explain.

"...the illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world."

- Carl Sagan
RE: Some people are just different....
They are generally people who don't actually think about what they believe.

Which is why religion does so well.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
There are a barrage of mental conditions that cause people not to think about consequences or understand the subtleties of being screwed. I happen to know a woman right now, through a friend, who left her kids with their father (great dad, thank goodness), is currently running amok with other men who she meets online and is convinced that her children's father should be supporting her financially. There's so much more to it, but she's delusional. She thinks one of the men that she meets and randomly has sex with is going to support her for the rest of her life, but when they scrape her off the bottom of their shoes, she acts all surprised and turns to baby daddy for money, food, etc.
(July 17, 2010 at 2:20 pm)Shell B Wrote: There are a barrage of mental conditions that cause people not to think about consequences or understand the subtleties of being screwed. I happen to know a woman right now, through a friend, who left her kids with their father (great dad, thank goodness), is currently running amok with other men who she meets online and is convinced that her children's father should be supporting her financially. There's so much more to it, but she's delusional. She thinks one of the men that she meets and randomly has sex with is going to support her for the rest of her life, but when they scrape her off the bottom of their shoes, she acts all surprised and turns to baby daddy for money, food, etc.

Sounds like a right charmer.(sarcasm)

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(July 17, 2010 at 2:20 pm)Shell B Wrote: There are a barrage of mental conditions that cause people not to think about consequences or understand the subtleties of being screwed. I happen to know a woman right now, through a friend, who left her kids with their father (great dad, thank goodness), is currently running amok with other men who she meets online and is convinced that her children's father should be supporting her financially. There's so much more to it, but she's delusional. She thinks one of the men that she meets and randomly has sex with is going to support her for the rest of her life, but when they scrape her off the bottom of their shoes, she acts all surprised and turns to baby daddy for money, food, etc.

Seems like a great reason to pack up with the kids and move far, far, far away from crazy.
I'm trying to convince him to do that, but he's a much kinder person than I am. Furthermore, there are (unfortunately) laws regarding taking someone's children out of state.
Well, my boyfriend is very, very selfish and is upset that my parents can not get over the fact he wanted nothing to do with his own baby. Yes, I am pregnant and he actually stated he wanted a girl, not a boy and wanted nothing to do with the baby. :/ Then he went back and apologized saying it was out of fear. My family (who is doing the most support) wants time and wants the baby to be born first before any interaction with him. This is because he needs help himself and needs to get himself together. I am stable, my family is stable but he is completely insane. He wants to be with me but he never ask me how the pregnancy is. He says he wants to "support" me but never realizes his support is to help himself first and make sure he is okay. He can not be a lone and he is "losing interest" in me and does not think of the child at all. I told him once the baby is born that he will be more active in my life and we can work on the relationship but he still is being selfish.

He does believe he is thinking for me but he is not. He thinks I am saying what my parents are saying but I want time myself. What he put me through was harsh and he is not understanding he is putting more stress on me. When I say that he then says, "Well what about my stress?" I do not understand what he is stressing about when I am not searching for anyone and I am still with him. :/ I am not cheating, I am keeping myself calm and I am seeing a doctor. I tell him everything, I call him everyday but yet he is stress because I am not physically there. I asked him, "Is he happy with himself?" And he does not answer me. I never meant any man who can not be a lone for one night.

He did the same thing when I was at E3. I was gone for one week and panicked when I did not call him every hour. Yes, he freaked on me when I called him only at night and text him all day while I was at E3 in LA, Cali. So, I said, "You want me to call you during the afternoon too?" He said, "Yes." So, I do that but he never picked up and I called him at night. He still complained until I got him. He does this all the time. He is not confident in himself or the relationship unless I am physically there. He think supporting me has to be for him to be standing next to me 24/7. He does not like to be a lone and so, I have to suffer for all this.

I want to tell him that he was the one that caused all this. He was the one who could be with me, could of had a home to stay at when his apartment lease is up, could of had an opportunist to go to school for what he wanted, could of had a family, could of had a wife etc... But he had to screw it all up because he decided that at 28 years old he was not ready for a family. He was not ready to move on a way from his childish behavior. :/ Even though he says oppisite to everyone else.

He is crazy but I still care enough to make it work and see if he can survive. So far, it is going up and down. I am testing him but he is barely passing. It is really sad. Sad

1.) You should have never got pregnant by this guy. Condoms, IUDs & birth control medication are very common & available these days. No excuse for accidents other than your birth control failed / broke.

2.) Run away as fast as you can. If this guy is distant from you *while you are carrying his child* it is not going to get better when you have the child. Children *never* make a relationship better because children are *work*. Best case scenario: He stays with you & ends up resenting you & the kid because you are cramping his style.
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] A thought I had about some people's view on some things medical and other things ShinyCrystals 15 795 October 22, 2023 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: ShinyCrystals
  Do people just naturally want conflict Ahriman 113 3729 September 26, 2023 at 10:29 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Let's be different Foxaèr 38 2436 August 17, 2023 at 12:38 am
Last Post: no one
  Countries have different names in different languages Dundee 22 2067 June 26, 2021 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  A Different Brand of Idiot onlinebiker 39 1597 July 21, 2020 at 11:02 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Why is it internet fandom has some of the nastiest people? A Godzilla fan 10 803 October 7, 2019 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  The Different Economic and Political Systems Mechaghostman2 0 209 February 18, 2019 at 10:07 pm
Last Post: Mechaghostman2
  Why is there people who bother people for no reason? Macoleco 6 991 October 2, 2018 at 6:51 am
Last Post: Cod
  Just some things I’d like to know about you. Losty 54 9322 April 6, 2018 at 11:33 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Why do some people lack a sense of humor? NuclearEnergy 20 3679 November 25, 2017 at 11:48 am
Last Post: vorlon13