Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 8:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do some people lack a sense of humor?
Why do some people lack a sense of humor?
Maybe this is a silly question. However, I have often come across people throughout who find me "annoying" simply because I have a sense of humor. Sure, I'm not some kind of comedian, but I can find humor in just about anything. Now, I do know when to take things seriously. Like at a funeral for instance. You get the idea. So why is this? Why is it some people just don't have this trait?

[Image: 1r95y6.gif]

[Image: 1rb9xg.gif]
RE: Why do some people lack a sense of humor?
That's a loaded question. Humor is subjective - there are things that you don't find so funny that I might find hilarious. I wouldn't say you lack a sense of humor for that, though.

So what happened - what did you laugh at that someone else didn't?

-Teresa
There is nothing funny about humorless people.
(November 17, 2017 at 10:37 pm)Tres Leches Wrote: That's a loaded question. Humor is subjective - there are things that you don't find so funny that I might find hilarious. I wouldn't say you lack a sense of humor for that, though.

So what happened - what did you laugh at that someone else didn't?

-Teresa

them

and usually that is what gets me in trouble.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(November 17, 2017 at 10:08 pm)It_Was_me Wrote: Maybe this is a silly question. However, I have often come across people throughout who find me "annoying" simply because I have a sense of humor. Sure, I'm not some kind of comedian, but I can find humor in just about anything. Now, I do know when to take things seriously. Like at a funeral for instance. You get the idea. So why is this? Why is it some people just don't have this trait?

People who try to be funny but aren't can be annoying.  Most people find themselves hilarious.  Most people aren't particularly funny despite finding themselves hilarious. 

If you're coming across a lot of people who find you annoying rather than funny, there's a good chance it's your material, not their sense of humor.

--An easy example to make the point, is imagine how natural it would sound if Michael Scott from The Office had the same complaint as you.
You seem to take people with a lack of humor too seriously.  Tongue

People are just wired differently. A lot of people don't care for my humor either. I have a very dark sense of humor. Even in funerals i have to hold my laughter. 

The one thing  i do despise is when people use humor in a passive aggressive manner. Their intent is obviously to insult someone out of anger or resentment but when called out on it they back peddle out of it and say "oh no i was just joking." And worse blaming the other for not having a sense of humor when it is clear they were being insulting.
I'm often considered annoying because I regularly try (tried) to be funny despite being incredibly unfunny.

Yeah I guess I've stopped trying.
Oh, piss off.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(November 18, 2017 at 5:14 am)Hammy Wrote: I'm often considered annoying because I regularly try (tried) to be funny despite being incredibly unfunny.

Yeah I guess I've stopped trying.

You made me laugh a couple of minutes ago in the bad pickup lines thread. :-)

In my opinion, it doesn't matter how many people laugh, as long as there's one.
One person laughing is enough to make me not give a fuck what anyone thinks. (even if that one person is me)

There are a few reasons why some people don't laugh at jokes, other than that you're not funny.

1. They don't get the joke and don't want to appear stupid.

2. They don't know you well enough and don't want to encourage friendship.

3. They're scared that they'll be judged for laughing at your joke.

4. They're sheep and won't laugh until the most popular person of the group laughs.

5. They're threatened by your wit.

6. (and this is the most common one, I find) They're just a sour fucking cunt. :-)
(November 17, 2017 at 10:08 pm)It_Was_me Wrote: Maybe this is a silly question. However, I have often come across people throughout who find me "annoying" simply because I have a sense of humor. Sure, I'm not some kind of comedian, but I can find humor in just about anything. Now, I do know when to take things seriously. Like at a funeral for instance. You get the idea. So why is this? Why is it some people just don't have this trait?

lol
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] A thought I had about some people's view on some things medical and other things ShinyCrystals 15 798 October 22, 2023 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: ShinyCrystals
  Does Joshua James Duggar's sentence make sense? Jehanne 6 673 August 26, 2022 at 8:59 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The story of Midas makes no sense Foxaèr 13 1156 April 27, 2022 at 11:49 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Why is it internet fandom has some of the nastiest people? A Godzilla fan 10 805 October 7, 2019 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Why is there people who bother people for no reason? Macoleco 6 1000 October 2, 2018 at 6:51 am
Last Post: Cod
  somebody, Please Talk Sense into My Stupid Head. I Think I'm Getting Ready to Fuck Up Rhondazvous 30 2245 September 13, 2018 at 5:41 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  My humor, I know it's off the wall Foxaèr 13 2064 May 8, 2018 at 8:03 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Why are people so obsessed with the show Game of Thrones? NuclearEnergy 31 6412 October 16, 2017 at 11:33 am
Last Post: Emmett
  Low self esteem, feelings of worthlessness, and lack of purpose Catholic_Lady 63 9015 August 2, 2017 at 3:13 pm
Last Post: RoadRunner79
  Why do you some people exaggerate sometimes to the extremes? NuclearEnergy 7 1203 March 4, 2017 at 5:51 am
Last Post: HairyCyclist