Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 7:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homeopathy effective for 0 out of 68 illnesses
Homeopathy effective for 0 out of 68 illnesses
Study finds Homeopathy effective for 0 out of 68 illnesses

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/...84356.html

A leading scientist has declared homeopathy a "therapeutic dead-end" after a systematic review concluded the controversial treatment was no more effective than placebo drugs.

Professor Paul Glasziou, a leading academic in evidence based medicine at Bond University, was the chair of a working party by the National Health and Medical Research Council which was tasked with reviewing the evidence of 176 trials of homeopathy to establish if the treatment is valid.

A total of 57 systematic reviews, containing the 176 individual studies, focused on 68 different health conditions - and found there to be no evidence homeopathy was more effective than placebo on any.
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

RE: Homeopathy effective for 0 out of 68 illnesses
And what else is new?
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Does that mean it's 100% effective for placebo responders? All ya got to do is have faith.

What the fuck just came out of my mouth!
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
A surprisingly positive result. I would have expected -2 out of 68.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

If you forget to take your homeopathic pills, will you get an over dose??
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

(February 20, 2016 at 3:15 pm)Alex K Wrote: A surprisingly positive result. I would have expected -2 out of 68.

Haha yeah. I was going to say the same thing. It quenched a bit of thirst, and drowned a few over enthusiastic volunteers. Nice! What did you expect from water?

Why it's still legal to sell water under false pretences is what baffles me.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
This study is clearly bogus. AS IF homeopathy never hurt anybody. Oh, wait. . . they said. . .
God knows how much time and money that study cost.

What next? Are we going to be obliged to fund studies to prove the moon isn't made of cream cheese?

"In the UK, two NHS hospitals provide homeopathy, as well as a number of GP practices"

FFS. My fucking money is being wasted on this shyte. They could've spent it on strippers and booze for every birthday I've had for the last 10 years. No wonder the NHS has no money.
I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty.
Zebo! My palm reader last week at the market predicted the 0-68 result! She was right! It's all bullshit! *scratches head, confused*
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
If day'a uh ast me, I coulda told um...

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Homeopathy : Some Reference Needed swami-sam-ananda 18 4972 January 14, 2013 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Homeopathy is GARBAGE. Creed of Heresy 35 10546 April 18, 2012 at 4:54 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  Homeopathy Phil 31 16185 March 11, 2012 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger