Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 5:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warning levels
Warning levels
Just a random thought.

I think that we should be able to see other user's warning levels so we can gauge how much of a jerk they are. The benefits are that the higher their warning level, the closer they are to getting a ban hammer swung in their direction.

I know we have some real winners here but it would be interesting to see, if not simply for being curious and nosy.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
RE: Warning levels
We have a policy of not making warning actions or levels public, in the interest of not publicly shaming members.

I don't see that policy changing.
Warning levels should stay between staff and the member only. Knowing it won't contribute anything positive to the discussions but it can certainly effect our perception of a person and that'll hurt the community.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Sorry, I agree that warning levels should not be made public.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
What's the use of making it public, other than to shame that person? Judge for yourself if someone's a jerk.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
My warning level's at 99.

But you still like me, right?

:-(
Dying to live, living to die.
(February 26, 2016 at 3:35 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: My warning level's at 99.

Any level below 8000 is not a level at all Tongue
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

I think my HS friend said it best, when I came to school and bitched about crap in the news I had no control over, "Kill everyone and plant trees"(sarcasm)....... He was teasing me of course. Point being these guys run a pretty tight ship. I've been on lots of websites and social media pages over the years, and the ones I like being on the most are the ones who simply stick to staying out of it unless it is spam or real threats of violence.

It makes no sense to run a love fest ship if we proclaim that we are not sheep ourselves. If I wanted everyone to agree with me all the time, I would not be here.

What happens when one raises a mod warning level to 100? Mabe try it on Pandaemonium, he is the staff crash test dummy Big Grin
(February 26, 2016 at 3:41 pm)Aoi Magi Wrote:

Any level below 8000 is not a level at all Tongue
IT'S OVER 9000
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Warning level 50% Dundee 10 1545 November 15, 2020 at 8:52 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  What is warning level, and why don't I have any? Mystical 130 25803 September 19, 2013 at 4:18 am
Last Post: Mystical
  Warning of unread posts before answering in thread pocaracas 1 1616 August 29, 2013 at 5:53 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Full shoutbox warning page Napoléon 1 1968 March 6, 2012 at 9:52 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  Can we get a someone posted before you warning? Paul the Human 20 6575 May 1, 2010 at 6:13 am
Last Post: leo-rcc