Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 3:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Film Club #2 - Coherence [Discussion]
Film Club #2 - Coherence [Discussion]
So this is the thread to discuss your thoughts about the movie Coherence.

Have fun Smile.
Which is better:
To die with ignorance, or to live with intelligence?

Truth doesn't accommodate to personal opinions.
The choice is yours. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is God and there is man, it's only a matter of who created whom

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The more questions you ask, the more you realize that disagreement is inevitable, and communication of this disagreement, irrelevant.
RE: Film Club #2 - Coherence [Discussion]
Can someone explain to me what the fuck was going on in that movie?
(February 27, 2016 at 4:27 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: Can someone explain to me what the fuck was going on in that movie?
Parallel universes? I don't really know.
Which is better:

The choice is yours. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The more questions you ask, the more you realize that disagreement is inevitable, and communication of this disagreement, irrelevant.
Wikipedia Wrote:In quantum mechanics, quantum decoherence is the loss of coherence or ordering of the phase angles between the components of a system in a quantum superposition. One consequence of this dephasing is classical or probabilistically additive behavior. Decoherence occurs when a system interacts with its environment in a thermodynamically irreversible way. This prevents different elements in the quantum superposition of the total system's wavefunction from interfering with each other.

I think, on the science side, the movie is about realities being "superimposed" upon each other via the quantum wave function, and in the movie, the comet causes the decoherence into a specific reality being broken revealing multiple simultaneous reality probabilities.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
It was a mind fuck that is for sure, I thought it really broke into the multidimensional concept very well. The thing I don't understand is, would others besides the dinner party in that area be effected by the same conditions? What about the people who was home alone that night, would he or she have a multiverse as well? Would his or her actions effected the dinner party if there was interactions with there multi-verse? This film rises more questions about the theory then answers them. When Em attacked her other self that had to of had an effect on the natural balance of the stability of the dimensions. I don't really know what I'm talking about really, just my own theory's on the light reading I've done on Parallel dimensions.
     “A man isn't tiny or giant enough to defeat anything” Yukio Mishima

(February 27, 2016 at 10:15 pm)Sterben Wrote: It was a mind fuck that is for sure, I thought it really broke into the multidimensional concept very well. The thing I don't understand is, would others besides the dinner party in that area be effected by the same conditions? What about the people who was home alone that night, would he or she have a multiverse as well? Would his or her actions effected the dinner party if there was interactions with there multi-verse? This film rises more questions about the theory then answers them. When Em attacked her other self that had to of had an effect on the natural balance of the stability of the dimensions. I don't really know what I'm talking about really, just my own theory's on the light reading I've done on Parallel dimensions.

I don't think you should expect getting all the answers in fiction. It is fiction after all. But it was a cool enough movie, I think.
I was not expecting for answers from a fiction movie, the film did open the main stream possibility of the theory being more accepted. Star Trek started so many tech booms from science fiction and who's to say that movies like this won't open the door for more research. If any strong evidence does exist for the theory of Parallel universes. Would Em was attacking herself in the car and the bathroom, that must of been strange for her.

This weeks film club is kinda dead, were on our second movie and it seems like the group has gotten smaller.

(February 28, 2016 at 10:14 pm)Sterben Wrote: This weeks film club is kinda dead, were on our second movie and it seems like the group has gotten smaller.
I think it's my fault. I should have made the thread earlier.
Which is better:

The choice is yours. 

I just couldn't keep up with it. It seems to me that "Em"(is that the blonde woman's name?) was the only constant in all of the mess and she just kept switching realities despite not always walking through the dark patch on the street first. Did you guys notice how the first time she switched over it was right in the middle of the movie? I think that was intentional. At least I think she switched realities 'cause she seemed to be really perplexed at everything that was happening around her.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Number 5's Surreal Creepy Film Collection zwanzig 111 6111 May 15, 2023 at 8:44 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  The first rule for "Hare club" is...... Brian37 10 682 January 26, 2020 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Stuart: A Life Backwards (Film) Shell B 0 245 April 12, 2019 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  (western) classical music discussion Alex K 572 64688 November 14, 2018 at 6:28 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Metalheads Discussion - Revived Martian Mermaid 10 2047 January 20, 2018 at 4:35 am
Last Post: Longhorn
  Anyone remember this cartoon/nature film spoof? Brian37 0 371 October 11, 2017 at 5:09 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  The Dark Tower-Film Shell B 28 3094 August 6, 2017 at 2:56 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Anime Club Sterben 84 9469 February 15, 2017 at 12:30 am
Last Post: Jesster
  Metalheads Discussion lugal ki en 186 15001 December 23, 2016 at 5:10 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Scorsese meets presided of pedophilia club Fake Messiah 10 2969 December 10, 2016 at 11:02 am
Last Post: Regina