Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 11:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Puzzle Games
Puzzle Games
I love puzzles, which is why I recently got The Witness for my PS4. Fun game, but challenging, kind of cryptic, and at times seems to throw you a curveball in the sense that it ends up essentially introducing you to new rules without you even realising it. So far, I've activated two lasers, which are the endgame objectives hidden away in metal yellow crates. I don't have a clue what the ending may involve but I hope I manage to maintain my sanity long enough to make it that far (I've heard the game has something like 500 puzzles or so). 

Anyway, puzzle games are great but they can get very frustrating at times. I think my favourite puzzle game is Portal 2; it's relatively long, about 7 - 10 hours or so depending on your skill and cognitive ability, and has a great setting and story. I loved the game to death, I've played it through twice and may even go for a third time since I enjoy it that much.

Another of my favourites is The Swapper; full completion requires finishing literally every puzzle but I managed it, somehow. I didn't get any trophies since you need to uncover secret little artifacts, and I found none of them. They're all very hidden. Again; the game has a great story and setting, and even dabbles in the concept of consciousness as a major element of it's narrative. 

Those are some of my favourite puzzle games. Whilst I can't say I've been a huge fan for very long, I think the first Portal really got me introduced to how intuitive, accessible and outright fun they can be whilst simultaneously maintaining that degree of challenge and required mental exertion. 

Anybody else a big fan of these types of games?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Upcoming games you want to play Foxaèr 13 2117 October 6, 2022 at 1:58 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  What are your top 5 video games of all time? T0 Th3 M4X 80 8720 May 22, 2022 at 1:18 pm
Last Post: emjay
  I sucked at video games. Brian37 16 3107 July 18, 2021 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  The issue with Match-3 games Foxaèr 4 462 August 15, 2020 at 4:50 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Stream Switch games without a capture card. Mechaghostman2 0 379 November 24, 2019 at 4:16 pm
Last Post: Mechaghostman2
  Any sci-fi open world games? Mechaghostman2 9 1909 September 27, 2018 at 11:48 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Games still to be released in 2018 Foxaèr 9 1163 June 2, 2018 at 12:32 am
Last Post: KevinM1
  Of new homes and video games. Brian37 7 1163 May 25, 2018 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  No evidence to support link between violent video games and behavior Gawdzilla Sama 12 1838 January 21, 2018 at 11:50 pm
Last Post: paulpablo
  Anybody here have any favorite Sega Genesis/Mega Drive games? ƵenKlassen 7 1224 November 18, 2017 at 1:45 pm
Last Post: Cecelia