Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 8:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
House Of Cards(season 4)
House Of Cards(season 4)
Who's pumped for the new season of House of Cards about to premiere? (season 4, March 4)

Is anyone else watching it? It's this political drama about this shady policitician's rise to power in Washington. It stars Kevin Spacey. I should hope that's enough to make you start watching it. I don't want to spoil anything.

If you know nothing about it but think you could watch it just please avoid any major spoilers beforehand, and that probably means avoiding this thread as well in the meanwhile - unless I'm the only one interested in it, in which case feel free to mock me or whatever. Smile
RE: House Of Cards(season 4)
I am indeed psyched for it. Seen the first three seasons. I've also seen the shorter but superior version.
Sorry, some people might not know I mean the original UK version. I did that with The Office last week.
... :-)
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
(March 1, 2016 at 2:52 pm)RaphielDrake Wrote: I am indeed psyched for it. Seen the first three seasons. I've also seen the shorter but superior version.
Sorry, some people might not know I mean the original UK version. I did that with The Office last week.

I've been meaning to watch the original version...

So Claire left Frank. I'm wondering where they'll go with that.

Also I really liked the episode where Doug killed the redhead. That's huge character development right there. It's like he's ready to fully devote himself to his boss' career now.

Isn't it strange how Netflix can make you root for murderers, or atheists if you're a theist in the case of Orange is the New Black? Big Grin

By the way, did you see Narcos?
(March 1, 2016 at 2:58 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote:
(March 1, 2016 at 2:52 pm)RaphielDrake Wrote: I am indeed psyched for it. Seen the first three seasons. I've also seen the shorter but superior version.

I've been meaning to watch the original version...

I'm thinking probably a Hilary and Bill Clinton sort of situation.
They end up enemies then when hes out of office ends up backing her election.

Narcos? No but been meaning to. Part of me is worried it will be just piggybacking on Breaking Bads success.
"Oh you like meth manufacturers? Well heres some coke too!!! Big Grin"
I would be overjoyed to hear I'm wrong.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
(March 1, 2016 at 3:00 pm)RaphielDrake Wrote:
(March 1, 2016 at 2:58 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: I've been meaning to watch the original version...

I'm thinking probably a Hilary and Bill Clinton sort of situation.

I don't know, that would be at least 4-5 years until that happens and I don't think they would fast forward through his years in office.

I'm thinking he's going to be one hell of a divorcee, though.
Quote:It's this political drama about this shady policitician's rise to power in Washington.

That's pretty much all of them.
(March 1, 2016 at 3:03 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote:
(March 1, 2016 at 3:00 pm)RaphielDrake Wrote: I'm thinking probably a Hilary and Bill Clinton sort of situation.

I don't know, that would be at least 4-5 years until that happens and I don't think they would fast forward through his years in office.

If they stay true to the original sources material then I know how it ends. I would be amazed if they didn't, as endings go its perfect.
That being said US shows don't like to kill off charismatic characters if they can help it.
- Abdul Alhazred.
(March 1, 2016 at 3:05 pm)RaphielDrake Wrote:
(March 1, 2016 at 3:03 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: I don't know, that would be at least 4-5 years until that happens and I don't think they would fast forward through his years in office.

If they stay true to the original sources material then I know how it ends. I would be amazed if they didn't, as endings go its perfect.
That being said US shows don't like to kill off charismatic characters if they can help it.

Hmm, don't tell me then.

So I guess it's good that I didn't watch it yet. I'll wait until this iteration of HoC ends.
(March 1, 2016 at 3:05 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:It's this political drama about this shady policitician's rise to power in Washington.

That's pretty much all of them.

You would love it. They actually show what this guy does, they're not messing around or anything.
(March 1, 2016 at 3:00 pm)RaphielDrake Wrote:
(March 1, 2016 at 2:58 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: I've been meaning to watch the original version...

Narcos? No but been meaning to. Part of me is worried it will be just piggybacking on Breaking Bads success.
"Oh you like meth manufacturers? Well heres some coke too!!! Big Grin"
I would be overjoyed to hear I'm wrong.

Not sure what to tell you. It's more realistic than BB, understandably, since it's based on real life events. The series basically just chronicles Escobar's criminal life and his interactions with the American law enforcement.

I'd give it a 7/10. It's definitely entertaining, I think. By comparison I would give HoC a 9/10.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Eight years later, 'Dexter' is returning for a ninth season Foxaèr 28 3094 November 25, 2022 at 11:41 am
Last Post: Uberpod
  TWD Season 6 Foxaèr 271 28620 June 23, 2020 at 2:26 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Pern, Season One. Gawdzilla Sama 11 549 September 7, 2018 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Anyone else watching season 2 of Legion? The Industrial Atheist 2 463 April 16, 2018 at 11:42 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  The X-Files season 11 Foxaèr 12 944 March 12, 2018 at 11:02 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The Walking Dead, Season 7-*SPOILERS ABOUND* Athene 120 11670 May 6, 2017 at 2:19 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Rick and Morty: Season 3 premiered Autumnlicious 10 1963 April 6, 2017 at 2:11 am
Last Post: AceBoogie
  TWD Season 7 Foxaèr 1 556 October 23, 2016 at 9:17 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  GoT Season 6 Foxaèr 1 560 April 23, 2016 at 2:45 am
Last Post: Excited Penguin
  Any horror fanatics in the house? NaughtyButNice 81 9523 February 8, 2016 at 12:46 am
Last Post: scoobysnack