Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 6:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any horror fanatics in the house?
Any horror fanatics in the house?
Horror has been an obsession of mine for a long ass time. It started with me convincing my parents to let me watch scary movies and once they did I was hooked. Naturally I frequented the video stores and would usually go straight to the horror section. Though I am happy to see the genre is hot again as it had been in the 80s, much of the output lately has been underwhelming to say the least. I mean how many found footage and films about possession does the world need? I will end this with a list of some of my top horror flicks, not in any particular order.

Day of the Dead
Phenomena
A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors
Fright Night (Original of course Wink)
Black Sunday
Prince of Darkness
Evil Dead II
The Mist
Candyman
Hellbound: Hellraiser II

Let's talk horror!
"In three words I can sum up everything about life: it goes on."- Robert Frost
RE: Any horror fanatics in the house?
Reanimator

Bride of Reanimator
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Dead Alive

Bad Taste
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(February 4, 2016 at 11:48 am)vorlon13 Wrote: Dead Alive

Bad Taste

Fuck yeah! Love these to bloody bits.
The Fly (Cronenberg remake)

Consuming Passions

(second one isn't all that scary, just gross; high end chocolates with a 'secret' ingredient, Soylent Green)

I don't find too many horror movies to be scary. Most of them are rather cheesy and not at all scary. That's why I go for really disturbing movies instead if I want my fix of really intense negative emotions.

The Babadook was one horror movie that came close to being scary for me, but still not quite.
(February 4, 2016 at 12:20 pm)Irrational Wrote: I don't find too many horror movies to be scary. Most of them are rather cheesy and not at all scary. That's why I go for really disturbing movies instead if I want my fix of really intense negative emotions.

The Babadook was one horror movie that came close to being scary for me, but still not quite.

That one did freak me out a bit. One I would recommend is the original Salem's Lot mini-series if you haven't seen it. It's a bit dated, but to me one of the scariest ever made and even more so if watched at night with no light.
No Country For Old Men

one scary motherfucker:

Anton Chigurh

I love most Stephen King books and films.  I have a complex relationship with the film and book IT.  I love them most of the way through except the end is pretty bad, plus the acting in the IT film is also pretty dated by now and so is the production, I'm disappointed the remake wasn't done.

I love the Freddy films but I think my Freddy of choice is Freddy's dead, the final nightmare. 

These are more my childhood films, these days the horror films I've enjoyed were the paranormal activity, conjuring and insidious.  Plus it follows.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

The Conjuring

The Others

Annabelle

Exorcism of Emily Rose
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Realm of Horror Foxaèr 26 1615 November 10, 2023 at 10:54 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Favorite horror movie MR. Macabre 666 13 1066 June 14, 2023 at 6:54 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Horror TV series MR. Macabre 666 9 674 May 27, 2023 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Horror fiction MR. Macabre 666 16 995 May 25, 2023 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The original Carrie horror movie. Brian37 30 1904 April 10, 2020 at 9:26 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  American Horror Story S07 Foxaèr 12 2470 October 28, 2017 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  House Of Cards(season 4) Excited Penguin 19 2739 March 14, 2016 at 12:02 am
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Stupidest horror movies Longhorn 46 8688 September 5, 2015 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  Free Horror Novella "Rot" by Michelle Barclay Tiberius 1 842 July 22, 2015 at 5:43 pm
Last Post: Excited Penguin
  Two-Sentence Horror Stories: Post your favorite emilynghiem 28 5415 February 20, 2015 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Strider