Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 9:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some kind words from the usual place
Some kind words from the usual place
http://www.quranandhadith.com/dreams/

Quote:telling lies about dreams has been told to be the worst lie. So, whoever does so, commits a sin. And what is the punishment for the one who commits this sin?It is mentioned in the following hadith:

“Ibn Abbas narrated that The Prophet said: Whoever lies about having a dream, he will be required to knot two barley kernels together on the Day of Judgement, and he will never be able to knot them together.”

Of course lying about a dream is the worst kind of lie you can tell

http://www.islamtomorrow.com/lies.asp

Quote:It was narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas that the Prophet said:

"Whoever eavesdrops on people’s conversation when they dislike that – or they try to get away from him - will have molten copper poured in his ears in the Day of Resurrection."

Seems perfectly reasonable and proportionate. I've personally eavesdropped on a couple of conversations like this when I was younger, and been told to piss off by the people in question.

So given that I'm going to get molten copper poured in my ears, what is there for me to lose by being an atheist and damning all religion for the junk it is?
I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty.
RE: Some kind words from the usual place
So what if I'm an eavesdropper who lied about a dream? Do I have to tie barley while having molten metal poured in my ears? Or do I do each activity separately on a rota? I'm hoping the latter, because depending on the amount of crimes I'm guilty of, things could get very complicated, I'd rather be damned on a schedule if that's possible, multiple ironic punishments at once would get overwhelming fast and it would just make the whole experience unnecessarily stressful.
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.
More importantly, how would that be different from listening to the thought droppings of Ibn Dumbass in the here and now?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I can hear my neighbors through the walls. If they open a drawer, turn around in bed, flush the toilet, have sex... I can hear everything. I don't even try. It's just there. 
Does it balance out, since they can hear me, too? Also, when they sneeze, I have been known to answer "salud" just to be funny.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
(March 2, 2016 at 7:51 pm)Mamacita Wrote: I can hear my neighbors through the walls. If they open a drawer, turn around in bed, flush the toilet, have sex... I can hear everything. I don't even try. It's just there. 

My apartment is the same way. I'm told I snore. I wonder if my neighbor goes to bed each night to the sound of my snoring.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(March 2, 2016 at 7:59 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote:
(March 2, 2016 at 7:51 pm)Mamacita Wrote: I can hear my neighbors through the walls. If they open a drawer, turn around in bed, flush the toilet, have sex... I can hear everything. I don't even try. It's just there. 

My apartment is the same way.  I'm told I snore.  I wonder if my neighbor goes to bed each night to the sound of my snoring.

I sleep talk when I had too much to drink.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
Does it balance out, since they can hear me, too? Also, when they sneeze, I have been known to answer "salud" just to be funny.

I think that means you both get molten copper poured in your ear on judgement day.
What more could you expect from Godlah/Alweh the all-comperciful and mashonate?
I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Religion summed up in two words UniversesBoss 0 474 November 26, 2022 at 1:19 am
Last Post: UniversesBoss
  Why did God allow his words to be changed? Fake Messiah 53 4039 October 23, 2021 at 11:55 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  REVENGE!!! kind of off topic but gd3001 31 2669 July 25, 2021 at 7:48 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
Question Does anyone else feel disgusted by religious words? Der/die AtheistIn 63 11565 January 17, 2018 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: Martian Mermaid
  Almost Too Funny For Words Minimalist 9 2912 November 4, 2015 at 2:38 pm
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
  A picture says a thousand words dyresand 28 5021 October 5, 2015 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  If there was a religion, what kind of God would you want? coolfunkDJ 32 5819 February 15, 2015 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: tantric
  Heaven - An awful place for Christians? FreeTony 16 3718 July 21, 2014 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Is Hell Really a Bad Place? Michael Schubert 195 54518 August 23, 2013 at 5:29 am
Last Post: Zen Badger
  What kind of God would do this. Gooders1002 6 2252 November 8, 2012 at 2:49 am
Last Post: jonb