Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 1:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
But if you just give them all the money they want...
But if you just give them all the money they want...
they'll make the problem go away.

And those poor bastards on food stamps can starve while cheering on "the troops."

http://warontherocks.com/2016/02/demands...-aviation/

Quote:Demands on the Marine Corps are Slowly Breaking Marine Aviation

One wonders if any of the republicunt shitheads know about any of this?  Probably not.
RE: But if you just give them all the money they want...
I've got a novel idea - how about we stop waging warfare?

I know, I know... That's crazy talk.
But...but...we can keep the War On Christmas, can't we? We've almost got it won, be a damned shame to give up when we're so close to eliminating all things Christmas.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(March 2, 2016 at 7:29 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: I've got a novel idea - how about we stop waging warfare?

Fanatical Lib!

Next thing you know you'll be wanting to spend money to help people and repair infrastructure!

I demand you bow down to the Almighty Dollar and beg forgiveness!
Dying to live, living to die.
(March 2, 2016 at 7:29 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: I've got a novel idea - how about we stop waging warfare?

The problem with men in power who have that power is that they are paranoid the rest of the world is going to take their power away. Therefore, they wage war in order to keep that power.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(March 2, 2016 at 7:59 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:

Fanatical Lib!

Next thing you know you'll be wanting to spend money to help people and repair infrastructure!

I demand you bow down to the Almighty Dollar and beg forgiveness!

No. Tongue
(March 2, 2016 at 7:55 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: But...but...we can keep the War On Christmas, can't we?  We've almost got it won, be a damned shame to give up when we're so close to eliminating all things Christmas.

Boru

With American rightwingers, everything's war. War on Drugs, War on crime, War on Terror, war on Poverty. The last one didn't turn out so well.

I've not heard so many war references in my lifetime as the ones coming from the USA.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Now wait a minute......what happened to the egregious amount of money we spend on our military, is it not -gasp- actually getting to the military?  Imagine that. The military gets pointed to as an excuse to divert funds elsewhere (because who would dare say a bad word about our soldiers and their needs?). They cant afford to pay a rate that would entice the numbers of personnel they require, or meet the commitments they make to those personnel...and they can't get the resources required to fix the gear they use. Instead, experimental programs they repeatedly say they don't want get greenlighted and the money goes to defense contractors, all "for the troops".

Which troops, where, when?

The defense line in our budget is just a way to sneak another discretionary line in without owning up to it.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Nobody ever got rich in peacetime.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
And the Department of Defense doesn't share with us the bang for the buck they get on their secret programs.

Particularly the Bio-weapons Division.

[Image: b2db995440fa888a36ae3aa9b3ce90e01.jpg]
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is "Be the part of the change you want to see in the world!" bullshit? FlatAssembler 45 1977 February 3, 2024 at 10:15 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Two things I want to talk about, politics wise ShinyCrystals 39 2430 September 23, 2023 at 6:39 am
Last Post: no one
  Ukrainians dont want to learn Russian language Interaktive 2 306 July 31, 2022 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Interaktive
  Why NATO doesn't give to Ukraine plan of membership? Interaktive 39 1572 April 24, 2022 at 8:48 am
Last Post: Interaktive
  Want to sell more guns? Vote ( D ) onlinebiker 145 7792 February 26, 2021 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Are you sure you want to do that? onlinebiker 40 2126 January 12, 2021 at 12:07 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Fuck them BrokenQuill92 1 421 October 27, 2020 at 12:38 am
Last Post: Sal
  Do you REALLY want things to change? onlinebiker 16 1538 September 19, 2020 at 4:45 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Police in USA arent racist, its just American culture is all Ramus932 10 837 June 14, 2020 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Zepp
  People do not know how close they really are until they start a war with somebody WinterHold 5 951 October 10, 2019 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: WinterHold