Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 3:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who do you write like?
Who do you write like?
Have you ever wondered which well known author is most like you in his writing style? You can find out here

http://iwl.me/

or at least this site claims that you can. If you paste something you have written into the site it will analyze it and compare it with the styles of well known writers and tell you which one you are most like.

I have some doubts about the accuracy of this process. I have pasted several different things I have written. If the test were accurate the same writer should have been named for each of them but in fact different things I wrote resembled the styles of several different writers. The most frequent results I got were Lewis Carroll, Dan Brown, and James Joyce so apparently I write like all three of these people.
His invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.
Romans 1:20 ESV

RE: Who do you write like?
Using one of my last blog posts as an example ( http://atheistblogger.com/2010/02/10/ope...nts-union/ ), apparently I write like Dan Brown. I happen to like his books so I'm happy Tongue
I write like Dan Brown as well, and Stephen King and James Joyce :S
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
I write like vitriol.

Bite me.
Cory Doctorow.

Huh? I've never heard of him.
I'm really shitty at giving kudos and rep. That's because I would be inconsistent in remembering to do them, and also I don't really want it to show if any favouritism is happening. Even worse would be inconsistencies causing false favouritisms to show. So, fuck it. Just assume that I've given you some good rep and a number of kudos, and everyone should be happy...
Kurt Vonnegut
I did this a while ago and got Douglas Adams.
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
Margaret Atwood and Leo Tolstoy, apparently. My writing style differs considerably, depending on what I'm writing, though. Not that I think this thing's at all accurate.
'We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart.' H.L. Mencken

'False religion' is the ultimate tautology.

'It is just like man's vanity and impertinence to call an animal dumb because it is dumb to his dull perceptions.' Mark Twain

'I care not much for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it.' Abraham Lincoln
From a blog post of mine: Cory Doctorow.
From a short story I wrote: Dan Brown (!)
I don't like the second one, and never heard of the first.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Dan Brown apparently.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Depressed? write your stuff here WinterHold 14 1106 July 9, 2018 at 6:57 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Things "you" post that "you" like Foxaèr 11 1937 March 24, 2018 at 5:44 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Halloween candy you pass out, and candy you like to recieve vorlon13 26 4022 October 9, 2017 at 6:28 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  My turn -- Post Here And I'll Tell You What I like About You Edwardo Piet 43 5704 August 16, 2016 at 12:51 pm
Last Post: J a c k
  How do you let someone know you like them? Phatt Matt s 67 8146 April 3, 2014 at 6:02 am
Last Post: Zen Badger
  getting nominated for something you don't feel like you deserve? mostlysilent 17 3196 October 10, 2013 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  a, like, mechanically, like, sort of like, reaction to the whole "god" thing, yeah. Edwardo Piet 7 2949 January 29, 2013 at 6:01 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  What do you do, and do you like it? Voltron 29 5175 December 13, 2012 at 8:57 am
Last Post: frankiej