Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you do, and do you like it?
What do you do, and do you like it?
For those willing to share...What do you do for a living? Do you like your job/career?
Many of you may know what others do already, but it would be cool for those of us who don't know and may even give some of the older members some new knowledge of each other as well.

I am an inspector and auditor for a manufacturing facility. I like my job. Quality is extremely important to our organization, so it's fairly satisfying work. But being the guy who inspects and audits the work of others gives me a bad rep sometimes.

What do you guys do for work?
RE: What do you do, and do you like it?
I'm retired. All I do is volunteer for a dog rescue group.
I write. I like it.
(December 11, 2012 at 10:41 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I'm retired. All I do is volunteer for a dog rescue group.

That sounds extremely rewarding to me. I absolutely love hounds. That is very cool of you to do that.
I'm newly retired. Newly married. Looking to begin the many needlecraft projects I have always wanted to finish.

I would prefer to be making $$ but can't complain, I like this "getting up late @ 7:00 am"
I'm a stay at home mom, with two boys in school... I'm going to be taking a couple of classes next semester. I need to register... Yea! Something to do tomorrow besides housework!
(December 11, 2012 at 10:48 pm)festive1 Wrote: I'm a stay at home mom, with two boys in school... I'm going to be taking a couple of classes next semester. I need to register... Yea! Something to do tomorrow besides housework!

You have one of the toughest jobs around festive. Goodluck with the classes Heart
I study to become a pharmacist and work as a technician at a pharmacy on the side and yes, I like it. Though I'm not sure that I want to work in customer service for the rest of my life, maybe I'll go into manufacturing, research or medical technology Smile
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

I design and write software, been at the same employer for over 13 years, and am by far the most senior and experienced coder on the development team. I've been doing this professionally full-time for almost 20 years, but did free-lance stuff off and on for more than 10 years prior while doing other technology work to pay the bills.

My first paid gig was for a long-since defunct computer hobbyist magazine when I was 15. They had no idea I was only in 9th grade. Big Grin

I generally enjoy it, though the type of work I do has become fairly routine. It pays well enough to keep me from looking elsewhere.
(December 11, 2012 at 10:44 pm)Shell B Wrote: I write. I like it.

Indeed, I've noticed you've got a book published. Congratulations. That is a great accomplishment.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Describe your body type and the ideal body you would like. The Valkyrie 34 4450 May 4, 2018 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: *Deidre*
  What are the major qualities you like in a person and in what order? Edwardo Piet 31 5392 April 28, 2018 at 12:23 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Halloween candy you pass out, and candy you like to recieve vorlon13 26 4110 October 9, 2017 at 6:28 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  My turn -- Post Here And I'll Tell You What I like About You Edwardo Piet 43 5871 August 16, 2016 at 12:51 pm
Last Post: J a c k
  Do you like your job and/or career? Mermaid 62 5515 January 16, 2016 at 3:49 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
  a, like, mechanically, like, sort of like, reaction to the whole "god" thing, yeah. Edwardo Piet 7 2959 January 29, 2013 at 6:01 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet