Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 11:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's that special time of year.......
It's that special time of year.......
When we start our seeds, of course!

I'm going through an heirloom seedhouse my father-in-law found.  I'm not ready to commit on any of these commercially, they'll be my garden hobby.  Maybe with good results, good breeding, in a few years, I'll be all heirloom.

Beet "Early Wonder Tall Top"
Beet "Chioggia"
Sunflower "Arikara"
Ground Cherry "Goldie"
Scallion "Parade"
Okra "Hill Country Red"
Spinach "Everlasting"
Chicory "Maraichere Tres Fine"
Kale "Russian Frills"
Sprouting Broccoli "Hon Tsai Tai"

Expecting the summer stuff to arrive in the next few weeks, they ship out on planting dates for your region (a nice touch).  Now I have an excuse for all sorts of fun shit, like seclusion tents and manual pollination gear (ladies, look into that even if you don't garden....they're "novel").  Maybe this is the year I convince the wife to let me splurge on a kiln and a spectrometer!  Maybe all I need to do to convince her is get one of those pollinators........

I also, against my own better judgement, caved and bought two piglets (I'll get pics up at some point, they're cute as shit).  A breeding pair.  I don't want to use my tillers and tines anymore.  Hoof cultivation is the name of the game this year.  Gonna buy a bunch of laying hens, some for me, some to replace my neighbors..that Pongo ate over the winter(like a bastard).  That means fencing and structure.   I love spring, I love plants...who's with me?  I also got some mushroom spawn...shitake, button, and oyster. What's growing in your gardens this year?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
RE: It's that special time of year.......
You already know what I want you to grow. Stop fucking around and lets break bad already.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
The annual genocide party?
Dying to live, living to die.
(March 9, 2016 at 8:27 pm)RaphielDrake Wrote: You already know what I want you to grow. Stop fucking around and lets break bad already.

We've already got some of the largest legal acreages under production in the US (textile grade, albeit)..and a long history in the state....give it a year or two and I'll be your guy.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Plant an Audrey II for me! We'll discuss feeding later.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I may or may not take your suggestion, depending upon the advice of my lawyer, lol.  Tell you what I;m excited about...being a cracker in hillbilly land....those ground cherries.  They claim that it's alot like citrus...and you could pick citrus out of a ditch where I grew up, hell, bananas grew on the side of retention.  I miss it, alot.  I tried to grow some dwarfs in a redneck rigged atrium up here, but they died, predictably. My highbush blueberries died too, 2 acres worth (and alot of money, the painful part) in total....and I thought those things were pretty much unkillable - extension told me they did just as well up here. Grapes are okay, raspberries are okay...my peaches actually put on green through the snow when the -apples- died. Weird shit.
Legal advice?

I'm good at legal advice.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with growing mj in large plots across your property. Also, if you want to help out your income set up a meth lab in your garage - also perfectly legal.

And feel free to hoard weapons and ammo.
Dying to live, living to die.
Now remember, you have to allow your Christian neighbors there to freely practice their religion, so PLEASE, only plant one kind of seed in your garden.

Thank you for respecting their beliefs and allowing them to freely practice their faith !!!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(March 9, 2016 at 9:56 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Legal advice?

I'm good at legal advice.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with growing mj in large plots across your property.  Also, if you want to help out your income set up a meth lab in your garage - also perfectly legal.

And feel free to hoard weapons and ammo.

This sound like sound legal advice to me. What could possibly go wrong?
... and remember, spilling your seed will get your ass in hot water with the Big Guy.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Star HAPPY NEW YEAR Nay_Sayer 14 777 January 1, 2024 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Restaurant to eat free for a year Fake Messiah 6 614 January 17, 2023 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Happy New Year!! Jehanne 16 715 January 1, 2022 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Last night my 10-year old daughter said that she did not believe in God. Jehanne 22 2035 December 26, 2021 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Happy New Year? zebo-the-fat 28 1887 January 2, 2021 at 4:42 am
Last Post: Apollo
  Which console zo buy a 12-year-old kid? franzis 20 2389 February 23, 2020 at 4:30 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  HAPPY NEW YEAR ! WinterHold 4 607 January 1, 2020 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Happy New Year!! Jehanne 16 962 January 2, 2019 at 2:35 am
Last Post: Godscreated
Star Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! pocaracas 21 3850 December 26, 2018 at 12:36 pm
Last Post: brewer
  What candy came out the year you were born? Foxaèr 23 1615 October 21, 2018 at 11:25 pm
Last Post: Fireball