Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:39 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BBC's Conspiracy Road Trip: Creationism
BBC's Conspiracy Road Trip: Creationism
"Comedian Andrew Maxwell takes five British creationists to the west coast of America to try to convince them that evolution rather than creationism explains how we all got here. Stuck on a bus across 2,000 miles of dustbowl roads with these passionate believers, Maxwell tackles some firmly held beliefs - could the Earth be only 6,000 years old, and did humans and T-Rex really live side by side? It's a bumpy ride as he's confronted with some lively debates along the way, but by the end could he possibly win over any of these believers with what he regards as hard scientific fact?"

See? We're not so different over here...
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
RE: BBC's Conspiracy Road Trip: Creationism
Wait.

Why are there still monkeys?

Tongue
(March 12, 2016 at 12:36 am)Minimalist Wrote: Wait.

Why are there still monkeys?

Tongue

[Image: If-christians-came-from-jews-how-come-we...e-Copy.jpg]
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Sorry Stim, had to turn it off after about a minute.
my mind started wandering and I started looking for something sharp to stab myself in the eyeballs with!

"Scientists are liars" with respect to evolution. fuck me! The imbecile force is strong with Abdul from Sth London!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
I watched it all. Not bad but nothing unexpected. 5 childlike adults, emotionally erratic and clinging to creation and the bible when presented with evidence. Sometimes painful, sometimes funny particularly the guy explaining our ancestry from Adam and Eve "so they had Caine and Abel and well. ..they had children I think...is that right" pathetic. 4 of them refused to acknowledge any of the evidence but at least one of the girls began to question her fairy tale after listening to the professor about human evolution.

You could sense the utter fear they had when anything began to encroach their faith, either walking away, crying or getting angry. Pitiful to actually see this in real life when I'm normally used to only seeing their writings in a forum.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
(March 12, 2016 at 1:44 am)ignoramus Wrote: Sorry Stim, had to turn it off after about a minute.
my mind started wandering and I started looking for something sharp to stab myself in the eyeballs with!

"Scientists are liars" with respect to evolution. fuck me!  The imbecile force is strong with Abdul from Sth London!

I was the same. It's cringing really to see grown adults act like that.

But more respect to Andy Maxwell for putting himself on that coach. Eye gouging would have got to me before the end of the first day.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is the Afro-Asiatic linguistics incompatible with Young-Earth Creationism? FlatAssembler 17 1376 July 13, 2023 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: FlatAssembler
  Creationism and Ignorance vulcanlogician 273 48115 May 23, 2018 at 3:03 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Creationism out in Youngstown brewer 17 2747 September 25, 2016 at 7:48 am
Last Post: c172
  My case against Creationism and Infinite regression ErGingerbreadMandude 60 10041 April 26, 2016 at 10:59 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Fundie Creationism song 2016 drfuzzy 17 3639 January 29, 2016 at 8:50 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  DEBUNKING THE CONSPIRACY THEORY Randy Carson 230 43573 August 19, 2015 at 3:14 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Creationism lulz Longhorn 14 2894 June 15, 2015 at 2:56 pm
Last Post: Longhorn
  Jason Lisle: Creationism exists, but atheism doesn't Cyberman 51 11289 June 11, 2015 at 6:30 am
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Billion + believe in Satan. Should all schools be mandated to teach Creationism? Greatest I am 20 5069 December 2, 2014 at 7:26 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Let's all take a trip to the mouth of madness! Esquilax 7 2399 June 19, 2014 at 9:49 am
Last Post: LostLocke