Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fundie Creationism song 2016
Fundie Creationism song 2016
I'm having a throwback Wednesday.  I hate to admit that I sang this song - a lot - growing up.  "I'm no kin to the monkey".  
I hate even more to find that it's still very, very popular in fundie churches all across the US of A.    Facepalm  So, either because misery loves company, or to give everybody a pained chuckle, or to prove to my more enlightened European friends that this is STILL a thing in 'Murica . . . here.  Enjoy.   I'll tack on the lyrics, but hide them, so I don't inadvertently ruin somebody's day.  

"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
RE: Fundie Creationism song 2016
<shudder>

When they handed out degrees, I wonder if "Dr." Babcock also received a protective helmet? It seems only right.

I must thank my parents for not being whack-jobs or exposing me to such lunacy as a child.
Yeah, totally ridiculous that we're related to apes.

Much more plausible is the idea that we're related to dirt
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
Hey at least they got the monkey idea right now they need to make a song singing were kin to apes. Tongue
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
It's amazing how ignorant, stupid, and/or dishonest creationists truly are.
Dying to live, living to die.
(January 27, 2016 at 6:13 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: It's amazing how ignorant, stupid, and/or dishonest creationists truly are.

You forgot shameless and manipulative.
(January 27, 2016 at 6:13 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: It's amazing how ignorant, stupid, and/or dishonest creationists truly are.

Yeah we have evidence they got a bible enough said those people were raised and well brainwashed as children 
to believe that the bible is 100% true and will shut themselves off in the face of facts and evidence. It's religion 
and ignorance to blame for this there is others as well  but the big part of it is the fear of god and well they think
well believe evidence is wrong god is right because of fear of god a god mind you that doesn't exist.

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(January 27, 2016 at 6:45 pm)dyresand Wrote:

Yeah we have evidence they got a bible enough said those people were raised and well brainwashed as children 
to believe that the bible is 100% true and will shut themselves off in the face of facts and evidence. It's religion 
and ignorance to blame for this there is others as well  but the big part of it is the fear of god and well they think
well believe evidence is wrong god is right because of fear of god a god mind you that doesn't exist.

I think the primary operative word here is FEAR.  Fear of hell.  Remove that fear somehow, and you wouldn't have fundies.
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
(January 27, 2016 at 7:16 pm)drfuzzy Wrote: I think the primary operative word here is FEAR.  Fear of hell.  Remove that fear somehow, and you wouldn't have fundies.

Naw, it would still be there. Got to believe to get the ultimate reward. Fear of being kept out. The fear being used is a double edged sword.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(January 27, 2016 at 7:16 pm)drfuzzy Wrote:
(January 27, 2016 at 6:45 pm)dyresand Wrote: Yeah we have evidence they got a bible enough said those people were raised and well brainwashed as children 

I think the primary operative word here is FEAR.  Fear of hell.  Remove that fear somehow, and you wouldn't have fundies.

That's pretty much it i mean remove fear and hell from religion you wouldn't have radical islam or any religion for that matter.
I think instead of attacking religion with facts like we are now we should be attacking the real base of why religion still exists and
that base of fear hell. Hell belief should be challenged and debunked with solid fact. Not to mention getting people to really think
that is the other. Fear is the only thing making people believe and the fear is irrational.

Code:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is the Afro-Asiatic linguistics incompatible with Young-Earth Creationism? FlatAssembler 17 1376 July 13, 2023 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: FlatAssembler
  Creationism and Ignorance vulcanlogician 273 48115 May 23, 2018 at 3:03 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Creationism out in Youngstown brewer 17 2747 September 25, 2016 at 7:48 am
Last Post: c172
  My case against Creationism and Infinite regression ErGingerbreadMandude 60 10041 April 26, 2016 at 10:59 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  BBC's Conspiracy Road Trip: Creationism Cyberman 5 1503 March 12, 2016 at 8:45 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  encounter with a fundie homeschooler today - just sharing drfuzzy 43 8422 February 12, 2016 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  These Crasy-Assed People Made Me Write This Song (or go bonkers) Rhondazvous 3 1367 June 23, 2015 at 4:10 pm
Last Post: Salacious B. Crumb
  Creationism lulz Longhorn 14 2894 June 15, 2015 at 2:56 pm
Last Post: Longhorn
  Jason Lisle: Creationism exists, but atheism doesn't Cyberman 51 11287 June 11, 2015 at 6:30 am
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Billion + believe in Satan. Should all schools be mandated to teach Creationism? Greatest I am 20 5069 December 2, 2014 at 7:26 pm
Last Post: dyresand