Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 11:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh, the irony
Oh, the irony
I followed this story on our own news for some time. If the people he loves to hate hadn't come along, he could have ended in a casket.

Quote:The German far-right NPD party has taken the highly unusual step of praising refugees for their humanity, after a group of Syrian asylum-seekers administered first aid to one of its candidates involved in a car crash.

Stefan Jagsch, an NPD lead candidate at this month’s local elections in the Hesse region, lost control of his vehicle on the road between Altenstadt and Büdingen on 16 March and crashed into a tree.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/ma...h-wreckage
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
RE: Oh, the irony
Syrian refugees include good men. Who knew?

The first thing that popped into my head was the story of the good Samaritan. And then it occurred to me that the story is not really about loving Samaritans, so much as as individuals valuing individuals and that while the NPDs may praise a few "exceptional" individuals they are unlikely to change their collective mind about refugees as a group. They will persist in seeing groups not individuals generally. And there will be more irony.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
Quote:Syrian refugees include good men. Who knew?

I wonder if Drumpf thinks that makes them better than Mexicans?
(March 25, 2016 at 4:06 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:Syrian refugees include good men. Who knew?

I wonder if Drumpf thinks that makes them better than Mexicans?

That would depend on how well they clean his pool, mow his lawn, and clip his hedges.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Yeah, but he obvioudly wasn't a true refugee!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  When Irony Is Too Good To Ignore BrianSoddingBoru4 13 2802 July 8, 2019 at 7:57 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  For the irony impaired onlinebiker 14 2255 November 26, 2018 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Irony 'R' us Dr H 3 622 October 5, 2018 at 9:06 pm
Last Post: Amarok
Wink The Irony Here Is Overwhelming Minimalist 0 387 June 20, 2018 at 1:11 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  The Irony Is Palpable Minimalist 2 366 March 20, 2018 at 8:01 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
  Irony Thy Name Is Trump Minimalist 10 1165 November 8, 2017 at 2:44 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Irony In Stock Trading BrianSoddingBoru4 2 560 July 4, 2017 at 8:55 am