Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 11:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good. I Love The Irony
Good. I Love The Irony
http://www.rawstory.com/2017/05/professi...-zimbabwe/

Quote:Professional big game hunter dies after elephant falls on him in Zimbabwe

Quote:Botha was a pioneer of Monteira hunting, in which packs of dogs are deployed to chase deer and boar towards hunters. Netwerk24 reported that he recruited wealthy Americans to participate in his hunts.

I'm sure the WLB's two little turds were there at some point.  They are the "heroic" type.
RE: Good. I Love The Irony
That is so very, very sweet.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Don't ignore the elephant in the room, m'kay?
(May 21, 2017 at 4:22 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Don't ignore the elephant in the room, m'kay?

... or it might drop on you?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

"You can't fix what elephants do."

I can't remember who on RantsNRaves had that for their sig, but it's a good piece of wisdom.

I still think that these hunters who claim they do it for the challenge should go in to the hunt with only their natural weapons against the animal's natural weapons.
Dying to live, living to die.
Didn't that happen to Chuckles the Clown ?

IIRC, the elephant has a distinctive birthmark somewhere too . . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Hmm . . .

I stand corrected, Peter the Peanut.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(May 21, 2017 at 6:12 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: I still think that these hunters who claim they do it for the challenge should go in to the hunt with only their natural weapons against the animal's natural weapons.

Fire-sharpened spear for the win! Shit, you want marksmanship, I can kill the bullseye on a paper target at quite a range of distances (I shoot expert with a rifle, about 3 points short of distinguished expert, because I use hollowpoints, which sometimes "fly" to other points on the target. I'm going to have to quit being cheap with my ammo. Undecided I don't need to get a lion or rhino head for my "trophy wall".  That's disgusting, to me.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(May 21, 2017 at 10:09 pm)Fireball Wrote:
(May 21, 2017 at 6:12 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: I still think that these hunters who claim they do it for the challenge should go in to the hunt with only their natural weapons against the animal's natural weapons.

Fire-sharpened spear for the win! Shit, you want marksmanship, I can kill the bullseye on a paper target at quite a range of distances (I shoot expert with a rifle, about 3 points short of distinguished expert, because I use hollowpoints, which sometimes "fly" to other points on the target. I'm going to have to quit being cheap with my ammo. Undecided I don't need to get a lion or rhino head for my "trophy wall".  That's disgusting, to me.

I've never fired a gun in my life.

Closest I've ever got to firearms was at a military display when I was a kid.

I picked up an old SLR (Self loading rifle) and was surprised just how heavy it was.  Then I picked up an M16, bracing myself for the weight, thinking it weighed the same as the previous rifle.  Over compensated and fell on my arse.
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  When Irony Is Too Good To Ignore BrianSoddingBoru4 13 2802 July 8, 2019 at 7:57 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Good Cop/Bad Cop? Nope. All Good. BrianSoddingBoru4 43 3905 February 25, 2019 at 7:56 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  For the irony impaired onlinebiker 14 2255 November 26, 2018 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Irony 'R' us Dr H 3 622 October 5, 2018 at 9:06 pm
Last Post: Amarok
Wink The Irony Here Is Overwhelming Minimalist 0 387 June 20, 2018 at 1:11 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  The Irony Is Palpable Minimalist 2 366 March 20, 2018 at 8:01 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
  Irony Thy Name Is Trump Minimalist 10 1165 November 8, 2017 at 2:44 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Irony In Stock Trading BrianSoddingBoru4 2 560 July 4, 2017 at 8:55 am