Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Religion Game" Alpha Testing
"Religion Game" Alpha Testing
I need volunteers to be Alpha testers for a multiplayer browser based game I'm making.

Background:

https://atheistforums.org/thread-32868.html
https://atheistforums.org/thread-41785.html

First thing to note, the game is *not* complete, so most of the alpha testing is going to be slightly boring, basically "playing" the game and making sure that when you do an action, it works as expected. At the same time, I also want to people who can think outside the box and can actively hunt for bugs (i.e. what happens if you try to buy -1 of something?). Finally, I need people who can be constructive; if you don't think a certain game feature should work in a certain way, or you can think of a new feature, I want to know about it.

If you think you can dedicate some time, even if it's 10 minutes every day or so, let me know and I'll set you up an account. I'm working on the game several hours a week, so updates should be frequent.

All alpha testers (and beta testers) will be rewarded with in-game credit (which you'd ordinarily have to pay for) when the game finally launches.

- Tiberius
RE: "Religion Game" Alpha Testing
I'm interested, though I have a couple of caveats that you might (or might not) dissolve.

1. will it be all right if I start on Friday when my current project is complete?
2. On the other thread, you mention a timer. I use a screen magnifier so only part of the screen is visible to me at one time. Will this timer penalize me for taking too long to do stuff?
3. You also mention thinking outside the box. what box? Never heard of one.Smile

If we can get around these, count me in. If the good lord is willing and the creeks don't rise, that is.Big Grin
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
(March 27, 2016 at 8:33 pm)Rhondazvous Wrote: I'm interested, though I have a couple of caveats that you might (or might not) dissolve.

1. will it be all right if I start on Friday when my current project is complete?
2. On the other thread, you mention a timer.  I use a screen magnifier so only part of the screen is visible to me at one time. Will this timer penalize me for taking too long to do stuff?
3. You also mention thinking outside the box. what box? Never heard of one.Smile

If we can get around these, count me in. If the good lord is willing and the creeks don't rise, that is.Big Grin

1. That's absolutely fine. I expect alpha testing will last quite a while so it doesn't matter if you start today or next week, etc.

2. The timer is more of a countdown until something is usable again. For example, if you perform a skill, you can't perform the skill again for x minutes. There's no penalty for not doing anything.
Sounds like fun... what platforms will this use? Java, flash?

Can it be played on an android? I have a Galaxy S II tablet. My laptop is on the fritz right now.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Count me in! I hate bugs but love finding them
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

(March 27, 2016 at 11:07 pm)Nymphadora Wrote: Sounds like fun... what platforms will this use? Java, flash?

Can it be played on an android? I have a Galaxy S II tablet. My laptop is on the fritz right now.

It's a native web app, as long as you have a web browser it will work. Should work on Android, though I don't think the theme is responsive yet, so it might be a bit cramped.
happy to test. I practically live on the pc after hours.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Well, I'd be willing to test it out on the tablet and let you know how it works. Of course, my laptop will work, it just gets really hot after an hour or so, so my playing time on it will be brief.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Now, Tiberius, my time is yours. Where do I need to go and what do I need to do?
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
Thanks everyone. For those who have signed up on the alpha testing forums, I have created you accounts on the game and PM'd you the login details on that forum.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Idea] Multiplayer Browser Based Game Where You Create Your Own Religion Tiberius 52 11452 June 4, 2015 at 11:25 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  ARMA 3 Alpha Nine 0 613 March 19, 2013 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: Nine
  [split] Parasite Alpha Roadkill1001 7 3303 June 29, 2011 at 9:04 am
Last Post: Epimethean