Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gettin' dem damn idols outta the motherfucking church
Gettin' dem damn idols outta the motherfucking church
http://www.omaha.com/columnists/kelly/ke...219ca.html

excerpt:
Mark Kenney, 59, who grew up in the parish, had worked at St. Cecilia Cathedral for three years. Around 8 a.m. on Jan. 29, he went to a work shed, picked up a pair of heavy-duty bolt cutters and ascended to a catwalk high above the mostly empty nave, or main sanctuary.
He looked through a peephole, he said, to make sure he wouldn’t hurt any people. And then he cut a steel cable, which sent a suspended, umbrella-carrying, hat-wearing Mary Poppins figure crashing to the floor.
Kenney then went downstairs and removed a cardboard Buddha figure from the Nash Chapel, which also featured costumed mannequins from “The King and I.” He threw the Buddha out one door and proceeded to toss costumed mannequins out two other doors.

Ok, now, let's think about this for a minute.  We know God gets a little huffy about idolatry, so Mark Kenney (the fired janitor) does have some Biblical justification for wanting to clear the sinful detritus from the cathedral . .  .

-but-

he's a fucking Catholic.  Once you start nuking the idols in your cathedral, you're traveling down the path Martin Luther took 5 centuries ago.  The church didn't understand idolatry and graven images back then, and they sure as hell ain't gonna be seeing the light (snicker) any time soon now either.

What the fuck is a man with STRONG protestant leanings doing posing as a goddam Catholic ???   Come on people, if you're going to be religious, at least bother with going to the correct church.  It's not like there aren't 78,000 to choose from.

That guy has got pimento in his head . . . .

[Image: MW4.jpg]
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

RE: Gettin' dem damn idols outta the motherfucking church
How did he tell the difference between the Mary Poppins figure and Mary the Mother of God? We don't have any pictures of Mary TMOG painted from life.

What if she looked exactly like Julie Andrews?
I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty.
[Image: 56e2496a55b35.image.jpg?resize=300%2C200]

Well, in the case of Mary, we might rule out knickers and the umbrella . . . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

The guy stood up for his convictions. It's a rare trait and most of us are too cowardly to do so, so we sit behind computers and mock those who possess the fortitude.
You're not an ugly person; you're a beautiful monkey.

He's a fucking criminal.
An idiot can stand up for his convictions, but in the end he's still an idiot.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(March 29, 2016 at 2:09 am)Kitan Wrote: An idiot can stand up for his convictions, but in the end he's still an idiot.

Why is he an idiot? Because his convictions differ from yours?
You're not an ugly person; you're a beautiful monkey.

Still, think about it, idolatry in a CATHOLIC church ?

Jesus fucking chirst, the guy otta be used to it by now !!!!

Tongue

(shudda posted this in the humor section, LOL)

(March 28, 2016 at 10:36 am)FebruaryOfReason Wrote: How did he tell the difference between the Mary Poppins figure and Mary the Mother of God? We don't have any pictures of Mary TMOG painted from life.

What if she looked exactly like Julie Andrews?

More to the point, what if she looked like Julie Andrews in Victor/Victoria or -- better yet -- at the end of Blake Edwards' S.O.B., flashing her breasts?
(March 29, 2016 at 2:08 am)Minimalist Wrote: He's a fucking criminal.

That simply means he violated statute.
Given the complexity and interconnected character of current code, that applies to everybody.
It gives power to those who get to select who to prosecute.
Kinda like sin.
So how, exactly, does God know that She's NOT a brain in a vat? Huh

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Church sex abuse: Thousands of paedophiles in French Church zebo-the-fat 8 1241 October 7, 2021 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Church of England vs Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints vorlon13 13 4156 April 3, 2017 at 1:48 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Church update:children's church k2490 15 10519 June 26, 2013 at 7:59 am
Last Post: Rahul
  The Church is Really Gettin Ballsy Cinjin 15 5160 December 20, 2011 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Waste of time and money. Damn Christians. frankiej 7 2833 June 18, 2011 at 1:24 pm
Last Post: Minimalist