Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jesus, a False Saviour?
Jesus, a False Saviour?
Is Jesus the real saviour?
Let’s debate about it.
Here are some links to see if He is the false saviour or not:

{Snip}
RE: Jesus, a False Saviour?
Moderator Notice
I have removed the links from your posts. Members aren't allowed to post external links until they have been here for 30 days and have 30 posts, as per the forum rules here. I also deleted the duplicate copies of this thread, which were all caught by our spam filter.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
110%

and he now comes in 5 flavours!

[Image: 11x7w3.jpg]
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Wrong forum?

[Image: Buddy_christ.jpg]
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Real saviour? He's not even real. So no Tongue
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
Then he's the Unreal Saviour! Go Jebus!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Well, we don't actually know.

We need potential 'christian' candidates to assimilate scripture, fully, (there would be a test, of course) and then they'd have to demonstrate the signs that the indoctrination has taken hold:

an ability to heal via laying on of the hands

ability to speak in tongues, and we are going to record the speech and get it translated by experts

ability to drink poison to no ill effect

and safely handle dangerous serpents

This entire procedure has never been done under controlled conditions before, so we have the opportunity to once and for all demonstrate whether or not this 'Jesus' who was claiming to have established the 'One True Faith', had actually done precisely that.

I might ask, however, what kind of sample size do we need for this?? I'm thinking several multitudes . . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I have heard that he does not meet the critera for the jewish savior, so to the jews he was false.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

One wise thing a theist said to me, one who is sadly no longer on the forum:

The way of Christ hasn't gone unproven, it's gone untested.

Something like that. Not that I'd expect any positive result from following all of Jesus' advice. Follow the good bits, which are just common sense really, and ignore stuff which is obviously stupid.

Oh, you already to that? Of course.

Index of my best videos
[Image: Demotivational+Picture+-+Jesus.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Scripture Is False And The Biblical God Is Dead. Authari 301 21338 January 27, 2023 at 7:45 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  If the Bible is false, why are its prophecies coming true? pgardner2358 3 1641 June 9, 2018 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  When Atheists Can't Think Episode 2: Proving Atheism False Heat 18 3401 December 22, 2015 at 12:42 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  False equivalency Heat 51 5528 December 1, 2015 at 11:21 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Is the Atheism/Theism belief/disbelief a false dichotomy? are there other options? Psychonaut 69 14477 October 5, 2015 at 1:06 pm
Last Post: houseofcantor
  Why Does Atheism Have to be False? crosssaves 66 13908 June 21, 2015 at 11:54 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Why I think atheism is false Drew_2013 3 1904 March 5, 2013 at 7:53 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Moral realism is false Gruesome_knight 23 8972 March 5, 2012 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger