Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 1:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do the Wisconsin voter suppression law favour Sanders or Clinton more?
Do the Wisconsin voter suppression law favour Sanders or Clinton more?
Today there is an election in Wisconsin, the primaries. Apparently you need a driving license to vote in Wisconsin. Many older people, who vote for Clinton, will have stopped driving due to their age. Does this mean advantage Sanders? I heard a lot minorities don't ha a the necessary documentation either.

RE: Do the Wisconsin voter suppression law favour Sanders or Clinton more?
(April 5, 2016 at 3:27 am)MrNoMorePropaganda Wrote: Today there is an election in Wisconsin, the primaries. Apparently you need a driving license to vote in Wisconsin. Many older people, who vote for Clinton, will have stopped driving due to their age. Does this mean advantage Sanders? I heard a lot minorities don't ha a the necessary documentation either.
We've never had a free and fair election in America history so why should this series be any different?
I doubt it will affect either group much, because only about 15% of Wisconsin's population is 65 or older -- and most 65-year-olds I know drive perfectly fine. I doubt licensure is a big issue.

For minorities, they total about 11% of Wisconsin's population. How many have, or don't have, documentation, and want to vote?

I think Bernie will win the state.

(April 5, 2016 at 4:30 am)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote:
(April 5, 2016 at 3:27 am)MrNoMorePropaganda Wrote: Today there is an election in Wisconsin, the primaries. Apparently you need a driving license to vote in Wisconsin. Many older people, who vote for Clinton, will have stopped driving due to their age. Does this mean advantage Sanders? I heard a lot minorities don't ha a the necessary documentation either.
We've never had a free and fair election in America history so why should this series be any different?

Actually, Brian Ronan was elected captain of my football team in a secret ballot back in 1981. The Coach didn't peek at the votes, either.

I've never understood the whole argument against having an id to vote. It's simply to prove who you are so you don't vote under someone else's name. Happens more often you would think. And why do minorities not have ids? You need an id to buy cigarettes and alcohol and drive. Seems to be the push that illegal immigrants should have the right to vote. Only in the US with tons of useful idiots would we allow non citizens the right to vote. But this is seriously the reason for it. In fact we are not even supposed to use the term illegal immigrant anymore. Apparently the left hates national soverignty, and doesn't think the US should have a border.
Quote:Happens more often you would think.

As a matter of fact, it virtually never happens.

http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/10981...oter-fraud

Quote:A new nationwide analysis of 2,068 alleged election-fraud cases since 2000 shows that while fraud has occurred, the rate is infinitesimal, and in-person voter impersonation on Election Day, which prompted 37 state legislatures to enact or consider tough voter ID laws, is virtually non-existent.
(April 6, 2016 at 8:16 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:Happens more often you would think.

As a matter of fact, it virtually never happens.

Quote:A new nationwide analysis of 2,068 alleged election-fraud cases since 2000 shows that while fraud has occurred, the rate is infinitesimal, and in-person voter impersonation on Election Day, which prompted 37 state legislatures to enact or consider tough voter ID laws, is virtually non-existent.

Most of it never get's caught. I met a guy who went to vote and saw his dead mother had signed her signature above his, and voted This was about 8 years ago. Nothing happened as a result, and there was no investigation that he knew of at least. Also have heard or many other instances. The key is getting people to think corruption doesn't happen, and that's how you get away with. Happens more often then those who want people not to have to present proof of identity to vote say.
(April 6, 2016 at 8:40 pm)scoobysnack Wrote:
(April 6, 2016 at 8:16 pm)Minimalist Wrote: As a matter of fact, it virtually never happens.

Most of it never get's caught. I met a guy who went to vote and saw his dead mother had signed her signature above his, and voted This was about 8 years ago. Nothing happened as a result, and there was no investigation that he knew of at least. Also have heard or many other instances. The key is getting people to think corruption doesn't happen, and that's how you get away with. Happens more often then those who want people not to have to present proof of identity to vote say.

Let me guess.  His dead mother voted for Obama..

“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bill Clinton and Ukraine Interaktive 4 359 August 5, 2022 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  The hearings and a matter of law. Brian37 0 220 June 29, 2022 at 9:35 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Texas Law could circumvent Roe V. Wade Cecelia 55 4193 September 29, 2021 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  LAW and CIVILIZATION senorlegalo 64 4693 January 19, 2021 at 3:11 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  [Serious] Pro voter tips. Gawdzilla Sama 0 163 October 21, 2020 at 5:29 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  US Voter Fraud Is Real! BrianSoddingBoru4 5 501 July 15, 2020 at 9:47 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  [Serious] What's the point? Trump and the GOP are clearly above the law no matter what you say GODZILLA 21 2488 May 21, 2019 at 10:46 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Hit Pieces on Bernie Sanders Are Somehow DUMBER This Time Around Cepheus Ace 9 1306 February 23, 2019 at 12:28 pm
Last Post: Yonadav
  So Not Every WLB Voter Was a Racist Retard. Minimalist 16 1131 October 29, 2018 at 12:16 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Bernie Sanders' "Medicare for All" plan is really expensive over a 10-year period.... Aegon 40 4554 September 22, 2018 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: bennyboy