Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 9:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
*Hilarious* (yet kinda depressing) argument I just had...
*Hilarious* (yet kinda depressing) argument I just had...
I had a bit of an argument with an acquaintance on the intertubes about Freemasons *sigh* and sort of about religion, and here are some terrifyingly hilarious gems from it:

Evidence no. but common sense yes...

BLIND!? your the blind one who wants information spoon fed to him. i dont need evidence. most shit doesnt have evidence to it.

why look for evidence when you can use your own initiative to believe in what? i dont believe what im told. i believe what i want. get it?.

i dont believe in science it goes against my religion. therefor i can gladly say fuck science. the evolution theory bullshit. big bang theory bullshit. etc...

i've got much more better stuff to be getting on with; then to be 'argueing' with some guy who believes that we orginate from monkeys. maybe you do but me No. p.s you've still got the brain of a monkey cause your daft enough to believe in science.

My apologies for the bad language and horrific grammar...
RE: *Hilarious* (yet kinda depressing) argument I just had...
Yep, an ignorant creationist. Oops sorry for the tautology.

Welcome to the forums.
Reminds me a lot of some one who called himself gilly on a couple of forums I've been on.

P.s hi
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
We shouldn't really mock those with mental health problems, we're better than that aren't we? Dodgy
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Yeah. So no one mock me! (Not sure if I still have any problems or not, but either way I'm still on meds Tongue).
*sigh*

Well, since he doesn't "believe" in science he should probably stop taking medications, stop driving around in his car, and quit using that computer that pure science helped create. This is one of the most disturbing hypocrisies to me - you don't "believe" in modern science but you sure are quick to suckle at its technological teat. Twats.
I saw a little bit of pride giving pause to him in that last argument about the monkey. Assuming he is a Christian, did you tell him that pride is a deadly sin? lol. Skeptisma above talked about hypocrisy about technology, I also call hypocrisy that the so-called 'humble before god' christians are choking on pride about beeing classified akin to monkeys. Oscar Wilde got it right: "Those that moralize the most, usually are the biggest hypocrites".
What always baffles me is that creationists get so uptight about the claim that we evolved from monkeys. The claim that we evolved from primordial pond slime is surely much more offensive...
'We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart.' H.L. Mencken

'False religion' is the ultimate tautology.

'It is just like man's vanity and impertinence to call an animal dumb because it is dumb to his dull perceptions.' Mark Twain

'I care not much for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it.' Abraham Lincoln
Hehe, I somehow thought that you'd agree with me on this... Tongue
The guy's actually a Muslim in this case, and the argument has now descended into me trying to make decent points and him insulting me and calling me closed minded... *sigh*

Any ideas how I can just end this, whilst not appearing to have lost? Tongue

Thanks - I may hang around these forums some more, hone my creationist-smashing skills some more.

P.S. He just posted this as his faishbuk status: "The biggest fool is not the one who is uneducated. It's the one who is educated but doesnt use his wisdom."
*facepalm* Of course, it's much more intelligent to just base my views on speculation and believing anything anyone tells me...
If he is accusing you of beeing closed minded there is no point in continuing the conversation, just talk to anyone else, you only would be spending your latin. Well, as you can see by the phrase he posted, he is too pridefull to accept anything you say, trying to look all cool and wise. Basicly what he is doing is covering his ears end singing "lalalalala, I can't hear ya....". You can call him an hypocrite.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] A thought I had about some people's view on some things medical and other things ShinyCrystals 15 801 October 22, 2023 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: ShinyCrystals
  Yet another conspiracy?? Jehanne 8 653 October 14, 2022 at 10:31 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Am I the only one who hasn't reset their clocks for Daylight Savings yet? Angrboda 5 286 November 24, 2020 at 2:56 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Not Yet R.I.P. Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 36 2713 August 8, 2020 at 7:07 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Not going to swear to it as of yet. but. Brian37 33 2335 June 19, 2020 at 1:02 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  had had and the lexical ambiguity Rhizomorph13 4 355 March 4, 2020 at 4:14 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I never had hangover. purplepurpose 15 1345 February 25, 2020 at 9:11 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  If Jesus had ascended into Heaven... Jehanne 23 2077 May 13, 2019 at 7:38 am
Last Post: madog
  I had no idea my ex wife was in the neighborhood onlinebiker 3 541 January 21, 2019 at 9:35 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  You had one job! Mr.Obvious 7 1231 December 7, 2018 at 8:31 am
Last Post: viocjit